What do property investors do for a living?

Project Manager usually IT projects but have taken the last 18 months off to live off rents and travel the world...hey someone has to do it to keep the airlines in business.

I did manage to fit in renovating a townhouse in Cairns in between but that meant 2 weeks in Melbourne, 2 weeks in Cairns, etc

Thining about taking on another Project Manager contract....( may think about it for a while longer....)

I am so glad we got into property investing all those years ago, I hate to think where I would be if we hadn't.

Chris

chrispy said:
Project Manager usually IT projects but have taken the last 18 months off to live off rents and travel the world...hey someone has to do it to keep the airlines in business.

Good on you mate, sounds excellent. :D

I work part time in accounts/admin for an engineering firm. Part time jobs that allows flexibility are hard to come by.

my hubby is doing his postgrad in teaching.

so basically we are only on one part-time income but property investing has allowed my hubby to pursue his dreams.

my dream job is no job....i want financial freedom so I can work as I please ors tay at home and spend time with my kids as I please.

But property investing is pretty clos eto my dream job as I really enjoy it about 70% of the time.

Another IT guy. Have been in the game for about 8 years. My speciality is security but I have a management and general network admin job now. Look after sites all over the state, gets me a bit of travel. Great pay, great people and the work is ok. I stumbled across property investing when a collegue suggested I move out of my house and rent it (I wasn't happy living 45 mins out of the city, too far from work and friends). Best move I ever made :)
My partner is a public servant.
We both love property, are addicted to property TV;
how to be a property developer
property ladder
selling houses
Read heaps of books and are always on the net trying to find out more about it.
We would like to work part-time and pursue investments more. Working for someone else isn't going to make us wealthy

Cheers,
[email protected]

public servant.
part of my job is to read the newspaper every morning and pick up any articles on new military aircraft like the new joint strike fighter or multi role helicopter etc. then what happens is parliament house will have a sitting and you can guarantee someone will ask questions about what happened in the newspaper. i then get a Question time brief from pariliament house and i go find the answer. very challenging. the problem is getting people in the know to return my phone calls.

shaun

hey rambada,

partner and i are fellow ambo's up the coast; mind you i use the term partner very losley seeing as he's on the IC course (never get to see him)...

cheers,

e x

i'm a stay-at-home-mum and hubby is a research scientist ...

i'm the property investor - being a scientist he has a money risk-comfort factor of about 0%

I'm the research scientist in the family and I'm the one saying let's buy lots of houses! Although I do admit being very prone to analysis paralysis - someone get me over this, please!!

I love my job but as I'm entirely "soft money" funded I have to raise my own salary from my research grants. Has worked sofar but hopefully down the track with passive income I'd love to become a "gentlewoman scientist" like a couple of centuries ago: do my research led purely by my curiosity without having to have the next big grant in mind ... oh well, one day!

kaf

hi there
What a mixed bunch we all are, but I did expect a few more trades people in there, all those cahsed up young tradies that are allways on the news lateley.
I'm 3 weeks away from finishing my commerce degree, then I will slip back into the carpet laying (actually mainly commercial vinyl) and be an overqualified carpet layer. The technical title is 'Floorcoverings Installer', looks way better on the loan app's. Have been studying full time this year, but still fit in plenty of work, after all uni can be pretty easy for first half of semester then its catch up.
My wife is a corporate secretary for local accounting firm, and yes I can get a job there but that means laying off the investing for a few years because first year accountants don't really draw big bucks down here, so its back to the old trade.
Thanks to property boom our house doubled in value (thanks to a lovely view) and we settled on 1st IP last week, tenants move in next sat.
We're both 28 y.o.
Don't mind the work so keen to get back into it (mind you a year off and still got sore back) and get IP 2 cranking and maybe wife can stop work. She loves houses but hates debt, so if she finds them I'll buy them, to easy.

Cheers
GJ

I was a cleaning contractor, hated my job so invested in property to get out ASAP - now retired with over 2 million in equity, main occupation now is fishing!!
:)

I'd love to become a "gentlewoman scientist" like a couple of centuries ago: do my research led purely by my curiosity without having to have the next big grant in mind ... oh well, one day!

kaf

i'm currently reading "a brief history of nearly everything" (or something like that) and laughing my head off at the gentleman scientists. in the 1800's the geologists used to dress in their tails and top hats to go poking around rocks on the mountain side - i can just picture them on the hills of the lake district - and one semi-mad geologist would don his professorial cape on top.

sounds like something out of "the goodies"

Back