What do you call yourself?

I find it difficult, when accompanying hubby, to functions ... I don't "do" anything to bring in an income like most of the other women there, so I just tend to shrug my shoulders and say (like today) ...

"Well - today - after I cleaned the kitchen - I fed the horses - did the school run - unloaded 20 rolls of hay off the truck - ripped out all the tomatoes and cucumbers as they are spent - manured the veges gardens - organised a conference venue - planted a dozen fruit trees - did the school run ... "

by which time they've switched off ...

"Well - today - after I cleaned the kitchen - I fed the horses - did the school run - unloaded 20 rolls of hay off the truck - ripped out all the tomatoes and cucumbers as they are spent - manured the veges gardens - organised a conference venue - planted a dozen fruit trees - did the school run ... "

by which time they've switched off ...

Why dont you simply say "Housewife". :D

Hey Lizzie, you are more than that. You are the driver of your investments arent you?

Tell em you're the investor/finance manager of the Family.:)

Why dont you simply say "Housewife". :D

haha - because the "stigma" of housewife - or stay-at-home-mother - is even worse than that of property investor!

Apparently I sit at home eating chocolate and watching soapies all day - that's when I'm not lunching or playing tennis :D

haha - because the "stigma" of housewife - or stay-at-home-mother - is even worse than that of property investor!

Apparently I sit at home eating chocolate and watching soapies all day - that's when I'm not lunching or playing tennis :D

Why is there a stigma to property investors? You must be going to the wrong functions.

They're just jealous.

Why is there a stigma to property investors?

If there wasn't a stigma, this thread wouldn't exist.

In general, not in every case, Australians cannot stand people who sacrifice more than the average and risk more than the average, over the long term, to gain more than the average.

It's far easier in Australian current society to simply say nothing.

If there wasn't a stigma, this thread wouldn't exist.

In general, not in every case, Australians cannot stand people who sacrifice more than the average and risk more than the average, over the long term, to gain more than the average.

It's far easier in Australian current society to simply say nothing.

Couldn't have said it better. Tall Poppy Syndrome is bred so deeply into Aussies, it's completely normative.

Back