What do you do to relax/chill out

As in oc1?

I want to buy a telescope when our place is built up....Fascinated by the sky!

Give you my 9cm reflector telescope for free if you want it - never use it these days :(

Used to be fascinated looking at the stripes on Jupiter and the rings on Saturn....

The Y-man

slappa da bass, or read

"I Love You Man" - great movie.

I've had a guitar for years, never really played it. Every couple of years I'll re-learn 3 or 4 major chords and lose interest in a week or two.

Late last year I took it away for a weekend for a laugh, badly played a few 3 chord song over beers and decided, (for the 1000th time) to actually learn to play.

Had a couple of proper lessons then found this site:-

http://www.justinguitar.com/

EDITED to add their forum too at https://justinguitarcommunity.com/

I'm up to stage 6 after 3 months of daily practice and I've finally almost got my barre F chord cracked. I get home from work, get my chores out of the way then grab the guitar and lose an hour or two before you know it. I actually feel like I'm playing now, (albeit crudely), and starting to understand music to a degree. I sit at work all day and day dream about getting home and practicing, very relaxing, great fun and I haven't turned the TV on for weeks!

MTR; Krispy Kreme they are so over rated said:
You are not the only one MTR, totally agree, way over rated
I love nice cake, but Krispy Kreme doughnuts I rarely touch even we get them often for free at work...

Mindfulness (applies to a lot of activities)
Meditation
Long walk or cycle by river
Watch sunset/sunrise
Read (non-fiction)
Learn new skills
Guitar

I don?t watch tv (except occasional, very snippets of cricket), and only a few films a year.

As in oc1?

I want to buy a telescope when our place is built up....Fascinated by the sky!

You and I both.

I have as much fun watching things in my microscope as my telescope, too.

I caught myself smiling while doing this not long ago. Sign I'm closer to 40 than 30 I think hahahah

Yep, I love it.

Toro hose with nice fittings, Rogers in one hand. Lazily walk around hand-watering and kicking the tennis ball for the Border Collie.

Front lawn is all reticulated now, but the back lawn requires beers and handwatering.

Nice backyard, when can we come to visit?

Thats the front yard !;)
here's a wider view from the house looking north.

Angel, you are most welcome to visit any time you like!:D

front_yard_pano.jpg

I freedive (like scuba diving without a tank).

MTR - I am surprised, as a dog lover, you are so scared of sharks. Sharks and dogs are very similar in many aspects, and once their behaviour is learned and understood, they appear far less threatening.

I regularly spearfish and have had more close encounters with sharks than the majority of the population. While I have had a few very uncomfortable moments with them - for the most part they are pleasant to be with.
I have also been attacked by several dogs - its no different really.
I retain a great deal of respect for both.

If I can't get close to the water I will breath (I guess this is 'mindfulness' but Ive not yet fully grasped the mindfulness concept so can't be sure).

I try to read each day as well.

I don't have tv connection so that rules that out - though I do watch the occasional movie.
I would rather sit and watch the sun rise/set, the ocean movement, stars etc than watch tv. If I can combine all this in a camping trip where I can dive all day, sit and watch the sunset over the ocean having beer, then stare at the stars - all the more better.

Blacky

Mindfulness (applies to a lot of activities)
Meditation
Long walk or cycle by river
Watch sunset/sunrise
Read (non-fiction)
Learn new skills
Guitar

I don?t watch tv (except occasional, very snippets of cricket), and only a few films a year.

You and I both.

I have as much fun watching things in my microscope as my telescope, too.

I wanted to give you some kudos, but it seems I need to spread it around more.

Blacky

I like to dance on a pinhead with a bunch of angels.

You may ask how many angels? Well that depends if we're doing a foxtrot or the jitterbug.

I also enjoy diving with sharks. I spent Christmas wreck diving in Truk Lagoon. Awesome!

Well it's currently Friday night and my relaxing includes watching cricket, having a bourbon and reading SS :) Apart from that I do the following:

• Read
  • Watch movies / TV series / sports
  • Gym
  • Long walk / hike / run
  • Catch up with friends
  • Nice dinner / meal
  • Travel

Give you my 9cm reflector telescope for free if you want it - never use it these days :(

Used to be fascinated looking at the stripes on Jupiter and the rings on Saturn....

The Y-man

I thought you'd have to be at least 100ks from any city to see decent stuff in the sky with a telescope?

See yas

I freedive (like scuba diving without a tank).

MTR - I am surprised, as a dog lover, you are so scared of sharks. Sharks and dogs are very similar in many aspects, and once their behaviour is learned and understood, they appear far less threatening.

I regularly spearfish and have had more close encounters with sharks than the majority of the population. While I have had a few very uncomfortable moments with them - for the most part they are pleasant to be with.

Blacky

I would ok if it was a gummie shark:p

How do I unwind? By going to work. My office is tranquil - there are no toddlers screaming at me there :)

Photography helps me unwind. From waking up early/staying out late and editing pics.

Fitness and sports helps too.

Cheers

Jamie

I shoot kids.

.... On call of duty.

It's somewhat relaxing, unless there is lag, at which time I get in trouble by my wife for swearing too much.

I've just killed my ps4 controller though, trigger and thumb stick both died. They don't make em like they used to I tells ya.

Back