What do you expect for $2m+?

Hi all,

I am contemplating building 8+ luxury townhouses in Richmond. They will be 3-4 levels including basement carparking with 4 bedrooms and I am expecting to sell them for $2m+. For a townhouse of this price range, what features/tidbits do you expect to be included? Of course I will have superb finishes etc but I am more interested in what people regard as necessary or important for a property like this.

For example, ducted vacuums? smart home systems?

Thanks in advance.

Few random ideas

I'd say home automation. Video intercom. Maybe double oven or inbuilt coffee machine. Maybe dishwashers etc that have the bench/cupboard facia's - the built in ones.

Cabled ready for fibre if/when NBN takes off.

Cinema room.

Maybe a car stacker if you limited to basement space they getting cheaper these days.

Thanks lizzie - so far I have included a glass lift shaft, landscaping and there are CBD views too. The security system is something that hadn't crossed my mind but I will include it now

For example, ducted vacuums? smart home systems?

ducted vacuums is a great idea, I had my own business last year installing ducted vacuums, intercoms, antennas etc... every town house I did always included a 2-4 point ducted vacuum system with a 9 meter hose, now you dont want less ducted points and choose to have a 12 meter or 15 meter... I never recommended that to my clients especially for a town house as it will get a bit messy. I live in the northern suburbs of Melbourne, I dont see too many townhouses with alarm systems, though a intercom is a must surely. 1 up stairs 1 down stairs :)

Few random ideas

I'd say home automation. Video intercom. Maybe double oven or inbuilt coffee machine. Maybe dishwashers etc that have the bench/cupboard facia's - the built in ones.

Cabled ready for fibre if/when NBN takes off.

Cinema room.

Maybe a car stacker if you limited to basement space they getting cheaper these days.

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I willl include all those features. I don't think we need car stackers though cause we have 2 car spaces per townhouse as it is

keyless entry so touchpad systems.

in-built safe

pool/plunge pool

house fully wired with fibre/cat5 to every room

integrated music system with zones

Twin basins in bathroom/ensuites

Internal/External storage, maybe storage cages in basement

Maybe communal bbq area

Walk in pantry/butlers preparation area

Yes Cat cabling ready to go all smart wiring will sort that out.

I say video intercom not for lazy reasons for security reasons. Much better to be able to see people from safety of the kitchen/bedroom/bathroom wherever.

I know if I was leaving a partner in a $2m+ place I want to know they dont have to answer the door or be anywhere near the door (peephole etc)

twin basins is a good one - twin shower in the ensuite as well.

also a BIG walk-in-robe would be a good feature. a "dressing room" would be good, almost a small bedroom with space on all walls with chest or seat in the middle.

twin basins is a good one - twin shower in the ensuite as well.

also a BIG walk-in-robe would be a good feature. a "dressing room" would be good, almost a small bedroom with space on all walls with chest or seat in the middle.

Yep that's a good suggestion. Dual basins/shower seems to be in the in thing now

i've always thought that if you need an intercom in your house, it's too big.

I was thinking for front gate.

With the upgrade our house to the "next" bracket - up from near $1mil to $2mil, had one of the top dollar selleing estate agents (who is also an aquaintance) walk thru and tell us what we were, and weren't, planning on doing right.

The big pointers were - people expect the ensuite to be the same size as family bathroom - not just a tack on - and with lux appeal. The bedroom needs to be large enough for a "sitting" area - even if just one chair and ottoman. And the wardrobe space needed to be at least 6 linear metres (with perhaps half of that at half hanging - so a total of 9m)

Each room to have ensuite.. bidet would be nice :)

Big kitchen with induction, lots of storage.. no glossy 2pac. Breakfast bar, seamless flooring from kitchen to outdoor entertaining deck/plunge pool :cool:

Back