What do you guys think of Inala, Brisbane?

It's historically been a pretty bad area but I see a few positives:

1) It's become a lot better in recent years, kind of the way Cabramatta improved over time

2) Unlike Cabramatta, it's actually quite close to everything - 22.5k's to the city, and 12.5k's to Sunnybank (Asian CBD)

3) It's slowly becoming trendy with foodies, and in my experience this is generally a strong catalyst for change too

4) Historical flood maps show the last two major floods didn't affect the area

I'm thinking of looking around the major shops there (on Corsair Ave & Inala Ave). The only problem is prices appear to have gone up recently so yields aren't as good as they used to be, seems to be roughly 350k for a house, and rent is roughly $350 a week give or take, such as this one:

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-inala-119286327

Big downside is that it's nowhere near a train station, but in Brisbane buses are where it's at anyway.

Would be interested to see what the rest of you think of this? Even though I lived just 10k's away for about a decade I know surprisingly little about it. I used to go there a lot to eat but that was it. I'd be curious to learn more from people who know the area more.

Big downside is that it's nowhere near a train station, but in Brisbane buses are where it's at anyway.

Actually it is. The new Richlands station is about 1.5km west of Inala.

Buses in Brisbane are hit and miss. If you're near a BUZ route (especially if via the busway) it's excellent but otherwise service can be quite mediocre (eg finish 6pm, once an hour, nothing on Sunday, etc)

I drove through Inala - bear with me, I'm not claiming to be an expert ;) - a few weeks for the first time in about 10 years, and was pleasantly surprised. The new Inala Plaza looked prosperous and neat, and I thought the homes were better kept than I remembered, too. Whilst many homes are modest, they generally looked loved and well-presented.

I'm not in the market to buy at the moment, but I did think that Inala would be worth a closer look.

Didn't make the $151 fine for driving 67 in a 60 on Poinsettia Ave worthwhile, though. :eek:

It's historically been a pretty bad area but I see a few positives:

1) It's become a lot better in recent years, kind of the way Cabramatta improved over time

2) Unlike Cabramatta, it's actually quite close to everything - 22.5k's to the city, and 12.5k's to Sunnybank (Asian CBD)

3) It's slowly becoming trendy with foodies, and in my experience this is generally a strong catalyst for change too

4) Historical flood maps show the last two major floods didn't affect the area

I'm thinking of looking around the major shops there (on Corsair Ave & Inala Ave). The only problem is prices appear to have gone up recently so yields aren't as good as they used to be, seems to be roughly 350k for a house, and rent is roughly $350 a week give or take, such as this one:

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-inala-119286327

Would be interested to see what the rest of you think of this? Even though I lived just 10k's away for about a decade I know surprisingly little about it. I used to go there a lot to eat but that was it. I'd be curious to learn more from people who know the area more.

Was sitting in a Vietnamese lounge room watching the Floyd Mayweather--Manny Pacquiao fight a few streets away from that address a few hours ago,flood wise in Inala it does flood in a big way,so you would want to be real care full with floods,most people use the darra train station,still has good buses,crime I don't think it would be as bad as Logan, but the people that we were visiting have several large block houses all bought for less then 75- 50 k, and from what they tell me as a lot of Sudanese have moved from Moorooka who are now their tenants in Inala,imho..

Sudanese? Ok I'm out then. I'd only buy in that area based on the prospect of one demographic working their way up the ladder, no point if the reset button is just about to be hit.

Back