What do you think will be the best Capital City for growth/less affected by downturn?

Which capital city will have the most growth/less affected by a downturn?

• Perth

Votes: 73 23.5%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 50 16.1%
  • Darwin

Votes: 13 4.2%
  • Canberra

Votes: 16 5.2%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 16 5.2%
  • Hobart

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Sydney

Votes: 106 34.2%
  • Adelaide

Votes: 13 4.2%
  • A mining town

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • A country town (near a mining town)

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • A country town (NOT near a mining town)

Votes: 8 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Interest rates have been the trigger , but the long flat period and the pent up demand have set the field of play for interest rates to do their work on .

Once the market starts moving , more people will jump on because they see the opportunity or they're worried about missing out , or because everyone else is doing it . It becomes a self fulfilling profesy , which is something the fundamentalist miss out on understanding . To them the facts and figures are everything . I believe in facts and figures but the one I listen to is the trend of the price action . If its going up it means more people are becoming interested and as above that just feeds on itself .

Cliff

Well here are my thoughts (2 cents worth):

1. Greater Sydney - I see growth in the Western corridor outside of blakctown...too much hype there and house has bolted. Campbelltown, Liverpool, Penrith, Bankstown, and South are better options

2. Perth - I would say outer surburbs (25-50klms) with good raillinks are looking cheap again. Inner City apartments are overdone and some of the older property 15-25klms are looking expensive.

3. Central Coast (NSW), Wollongong, and Newcastle will get the flow one from Sydney

4. Brisbane and Sunshine Coast - I believe real growth is still 18 months away

5. Melbourne - again the more affordable areas will move quicker. Believe real growth is 2 years away.

A lot of this will be driven by populatoin growth.

Regarding Perth. Are you referring to suburbs past joondalup and Rockingham?

Well here are my thoughts (2 cents worth):

1. Greater Sydney - I see growth in the Western corridor outside of blakctown...too much hype there and house has bolted. Campbelltown, Liverpool, Penrith, Bankstown, and South are better options

2. Perth - I would say outer surburbs (25-50klms) with good raillinks are looking cheap again. Inner City apartments are overdone and some of the older property 15-25klms are looking expensive.

3. Central Coast (NSW), Wollongong, and Newcastle will get the flow one from Sydney

4. Brisbane and Sunshine Coast - I believe real growth is still 18 months away

5. Melbourne - again the more affordable areas will move quicker. Believe real growth is 2 years away.

A lot of this will be driven by populatoin growth.

Back