What ever happened to inspired conversation ...

This thread is weird. In no way is this thread talking about "inspired conversation". Except Nullagine, who's use of the word inspired has confused me to no end. Never have I ever seen such a postive word used in a manner that makes me nauseas. If you want to inspire us Nullagine, then go out there and do it, then come back and tell us all about it. If you want to be inspired then stop talking and start listening. You might actually learn something.

I think the original poster wanted to be inspired to borrow lotsa money.

I prompt for expressions of inspiration beyond the pecuniary and am greeted by stunned mullet heads.

The ordinariness of what passes for inspiration makes me want to puke.

Please stun me.

In many countries the fields have been nationalised and the reserves are state secrets.

http://people.hofstra.edu/geotrans/eng/ch5en/appl5en/ch5a1en.html

Can you guess what happened next?

So, how do we know how much we have? It's very hard to tell...

You have lost all credibility HG..!

I find you very decietful ..

This shows that the integrity and veracity of the infomration is secondary to you in pursuit of proving your point.

You report through an authentic source however then totally eschew & twist the info to suit your purpose..!

I wonder if you have been doing this all along...

For everyone at SS, make sure you dont believe everything HG says and dont even remotely pay attention to the stats he presents or sources he quotes.

Harris

Last edited:
Agreed Harris.

I think HG, and a few other posters here over the last few days have well and truly lost any semblance of credibility they may have had.

GSJ

I think the original poster wanted to be inspired to borrow lotsa money.

I prompt for expressions of inspiration beyond the pecuniary and am greeted by stunned mullet heads.

The ordinariness of what passes for inspiration makes me want to puke.

Please stun me.

Yes I started this thread. It was a plea to encourage open and frank enchange of information and ideas by mature individuals about investment property. In the past few weeks I have watched people like you Nullagine and hg and his mate yieldmatters fuel your ego's in a quest to force your views onto other people. In fact you have reduced this thread to a useless pile of garbage with your rudeness and closed minded views, ... you must be very proud as this seems to be your desire.

To make the comment Nullagine that "the original poster wanted to be inspired to borrow lotsa money" shows a total lack of understanding about myself and my motives. You don't have a clue as to who I am or why I am investing in property and how dare you even make your misguided assumption that you do.

I no longer enjoy using this forum site because of you and your mates, so this must make you very proud. Maybe when you grow up you will realise that just maybe .. you don't know it all.

We are born with one mouth and two ears, so maybe try listening twice as much as talking .... you never know mate, ... you might one day actually realise that others have something of value to say that is worth listening to ... but I doubt it.

I hope your life is a self fulfilling prophecy .....

Martin ;)

Every now and then Andrew you have this terrible habit of playing the man, not the ball ... for such a smart guy it doesn't look good on you.

Anyway - look at median income and median house statistics. There is clear and unsustainable mismatch that is becoming worse. People do move up in housing quality throughout their life but this should be due to savings (paying off the principle) and incomes rising over time .... not due to somebody else buying their first home at an even higher price. If that was the source of funding for moving up then you have a clear pyramid scheme.
Sorry. I'm not smart btw and not much looks good on me fullstop.

Just that I saw your 'not reading API if you paid me' as antagonistic, seeing as we have quite a few forum members who have been featured in there, most here probably read it and see it as a quality information source, so I'm interested as to why you wouldn't read it even if paid to do so?

I see this particular post as a political and/or moral issue, which I'm not at all qualified to discuss. Sounds like a nice ideal, but I'm here to discuss investing.

I no longer enjoy using this forum site because of you and your mates, so this must make you very proud. Maybe when you grow up you will realise that just maybe .. you don't know it all.

We are born with one mouth and two ears, so maybe try listening twice as much as talking .... you never know mate, ... you might one day actually realise that others have something of value to say that is worth listening to ... but I doubt it.

I hope your life is a self fulfilling prophecy .....

Martin ;)

Hi Martin,

Well said. I thought this forum was supposed to be for property investors, or prospective property investors. I can't understand why HG, YM and so on keep pushing their misguided and ill informed views. It is tiresome, and shows a great lack of maturity on their part.

While I am open to new ideas, and other avenues to invest in (I also have other investments besides IP's), their posts are theoretical with no practical experience to back up their claims.

As a property investor I will acknowledge that not everything works out smoothly all of the time. But these risks are considered in a well thought out strategy with resources set aside to deal with unexpected emergencies.

I notice that they tend to post all day long. Don't they have work to do?? I must get a job in IT - sounds like I could sit on forums all day long and type out rubbish!

Regards Jason.

Sorry. I'm not smart btw and not much looks good on me fullstop.

Just that I saw your 'not reading API if you paid me' as antagonistic, seeing as we have quite a few forum members who have been featured in there, most here probably read it and see it as a quality information source, so I'm interested as to why you wouldn't read it even if paid to do so?

I've been reading your blog and reckon you've got it sorted (unless I'm confusing you with somebody else!?). There's some good stuff on there.

The API comment was a rather arrogant thing to say now that you put it back to me. I suppose I was speaking from my high and mighty "I've read a textbook" position. I've never actually opened API so not qualified to comment on the quality or otherwise of the magazine. I 'assume' though that despite my fascination with property it wouldn't grab me. My interest lies more along the lines of "what the hell is going on?" ... :)

I see this particular post as a political and/or moral issue, which I'm not at all qualified to discuss. Sounds like a nice ideal, but I'm here to discuss investing.
That is very economist like! Milton Friedman and Robert Solow would be proud :D

Last edited:
Just put them all on ignore.
Alex
I always ignored that piece of advice.

The trolls seemed to get chased away or banned eventually, so what was the point? But like bacteria gradually becoming resistant to antibiotics we seem to have bred a small group of sophisticated trolls. Now the antibiotics of logic no longer work it's time for the knife.

Now I have started a list and already feel happier!

It really makes posts a lot easier to read. If everyone else puts them on ignore, we can just have our usual conversations around them. I think we've heard everything they have to say anyway.
Alex

It really makes posts a lot easier to read. If everyone else puts them on ignore, we can just have our usual conversations around them. I think we've heard everything they have to say anyway.
Alex

I feel like I've lifted my game recently and still nobody wants to talk with me? :(

YM would be happy to discuss such things further in real life, but won't be joining in these threads anymore, I need to do chase some money and don't get paid for typing here.

Hope you are still around in 12 months when I will bump the thread about your predictions for Brisbane median prices and we will compare notes :)

** Edit.. Though if you mosey on over to aussiestockforums for the thread 'Property Prices to Stagnate for years' you will see such an experiment that I have been participating in (as Waysolid) and has been running for over 24 months now, and still haven't managed to convince any of the disgruntled that property is actually still a good investment.

According to the same article from BP, nothing to worry about running out of oil since the oil reserves are being discovered at a faster pace than oil being consumed.

Someone better take down these billboards then:

ChevronBlue.gif

I really didn't think I would ever put anyone on 'ignore', but now feel like I've been pushed into a corner and just have no choice :D.

GSJ

I feel like I've lifted my game recently and still nobody wants to talk with me? :(

Yield, I don't know what to make of you. Sometimes you will make a silly comment & then when proven wrong, you appologise & admit that maybe you have some learning to do. I admire that. But then othertimes you seem to be saying the same unfounded things again & again, even after admitting you were wrong. NOBODY ADMIRES THAT.

The forum members will respect & even admire someone who has little knowledge, but is wanting to learn. As long as that is the reason you are here, then by all means stick around, but if you want to be thought of in the same light as HG & Nulla, keep posting antagonistic posts.

For what it's worth, I have never put anyone on ignore, however after finishing this post HG & his friend Nulla will both be on my ignore list as I have had enough. You, however, I feel deserve a second chance.

I no longer enjoy using this forum site because of you and your mates, so this must make you very proud.

I'd agree with Martin. Maybe it's the newer posters who are having more trouble with this? We came here to learn about property investing, and while I don't mind an alternate point of view, it shouldn't be the MAIN point of view on this site. Try rereading one of these threads and it's the same things again and again and again ...

(We're also maybe on shakier legs .. :eek: )

But don't leave! I put a couple on ignore last night and I much prefer reading threads now, although I have to say I'm astonished at just how many posts are now hidden ... very busy people!

DJ

Those distant unwalkable suburbs that are too low-density to be properly serviced by public transport will almost certainly be ghost towns by the end of my working life.
HG,it does not always work out that way,look at any city in Australia
go back 25 years and look what happened over time,those areas are now
middle ring blue chip property,there was posters on this site a few years
ago that said once OIL goes over $80. a barrel the world will end
just had a look outside the bunker and everything is still moving,you gave
away your identity when you started to talk about games, what was the last name you posted under?AD?..;) ..willair..

Regarding the question of how housing can be made more affordable; this could conceivably be done by governments (if they wanted to) ensuring enough houses are built so that prices in the outer suburbs rise by no more than say 2% per year on average. Governments could build/finance enough places to enable this. The housing could be sold according to this price, without costing the government much, I would think.

If prices were "regulated" in this way, houses on the outer ring would gradually become a little more affordable over time as wages increased by more than 2% and houses inside the outer ring would grow by more because of demand, but not by as much as now perhaps, because of overall greater supply.

So, if it worked, everyone should be catered for, or would we end up with a glut of houses nobody wanted?

Anyway, I can't see anything wrong with discussing housing affordability and Nullagine is right - we should all be concerned about fairness and social harmony etc.

tomd

Regarding the question of how housing can be made more affordable; this could conceivably be done by governments (if they wanted to) ensuring enough houses are built so that prices in the outer suburbs rise by no more than say 2% per year on average. Governments could build/finance enough places to enable this. So, if it worked, everyone should be catered for, or would we end up with a glut of houses nobody wanted? - we should all be concerned about fairness and social harmony etc.tomd

Geeze tomd,

I thought we were capitalists - you want communism?

Aimy

Regarding the question of how housing can be made more affordable; this could conceivably be done by governments (if they wanted to) ensuring enough houses are built so that prices in the outer suburbs rise by no more than say 2% per year on average. Governments could build/finance enough places to enable this. The housing could be sold according to this price, without costing the government much, I would think.

If prices were "regulated" in this way, houses on the outer ring would gradually become a little more affordable over time as wages increased by more than 2% and houses inside the outer ring would grow by more because of demand, but not by as much as now perhaps, because of overall greater supply.

So, if it worked, everyone should be catered for, or would we end up with a glut of houses nobody wanted?

Anyway, I can't see anything wrong with discussing housing affordability and Nullagine is right - we should all be concerned about fairness and social harmony etc.

tomd

Problem is tomd, If property investing is made unattractive for investors. Investors will bail out leaving very little housing available for renters over the longer term. We'll all be in the stockmarket. At the moment its investors that are providing all the property for people that want to or need to rent.

MJK

Back