What happened to the Freestyler Website???

So has Freestyler died with nary a whimper?

I thought they were planning on a rise from the ashes next year...

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Any paid up members out there who have heard anything?

I was hopeful that I could actually make a meeting next year.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Hi all,

Dunc is right, there was illness involved...

There were other factors, but I believe this was the main one.

asy :D

Originally posted by DaveJ
Well...

why is it closed... Looks dodgey!!

:(

DaveJ

It is interesting how people always like to think the worst. Nivia was a great contributor to the early days of this forum.

I also heard illness was involved, so lets wish Nivia and all the others who made an effort to help beginning investors all the best rather than look for skeletons in the cupboard

Re: Re: What happened to the Freestyler Website???

Originally posted by Michael Yardney
It is interesting how people always like to think the worst. Nivia was a great contributor to the early days of this forum.

I also heard illness was involved, so lets wish Nivia and all the others who made an effort to help beginning investors all the best rather than look for skeletons in the cupboard

Thankyou Michael

Tracey and Robert

hmmm - I didn't think anyone in the thread - other than Dave - was being scathing towards Freestylers.

I am also aware of the illness situation, however it would simply be nice to know what happened and what is happening with Freestylers :)

Freestylers did some good things, particularly at the start of it's life and if the organisation is no longer going to continue it would be nice to have an official announcement.

Rob or Tracy? I know you were very committed to Freestylers - can we look forward to a new revitalised organisation? I had heard that the organisation was to be revived in 04.

If not - I hope you will both still be around & active in the investor community - Jas & I miss you guys.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

I second what ACEY said......
I am a memebr of Freestylers and joined at Canberra's second meeting. I would be happy to see it continue.

On a personal note, I had heard about the illlness too and want Nivia and Michael to know my thoughts are with them. It sounds like they are having a rotten year !!!!

I'm now also Manager of the Bushfire Support Team at ACT Planning and Land Authority and we are dedicated to getting people back into their homes ASAP so Nivia, if I can be of any help to you with rebuilding etc, please contact me.

W 6207 0695

Originally posted by Aceyducey
Freestylers did some good things, particularly at the start of it's life and if the organisation is no longer going to continue it would be nice to have an official announcement.

Freestylers DID do some good things, Nivia was the catalyst for many MANY fantastic ideas around the place, none the least of which is the BIG BBQ in CBR.

Freestylers in itself was a HUGE project, I think Nivia and Michael went largely un-heralded for what they did.

I don't know whether it will be back, I hope it will, it served a purpose, and anyone who went has surely learned a lot more about the art of networking.. :)

asy :D

It certainly is a shame if Freestylers has fallen over due to illness. I hope Nivia and Michael are back on track again very soon.
However I also do think that as a courtesy to their many members, it probably would have been nice to at least have sent an email or something just prior to shutting down. Nobody likes to be left hanging in an information vacuum, and it certainly is more likely to create the suspicion that something dodgy is going on.
But that's just my opinion!

Back