What have you achieved this year!!

Managed to:

- Purchase IP number 4
- Build a Granny Flat on IP 4
- Sell bad choice OTP IP in Dubai
- Finally get through all of Breaking Bad and Dexter.

2 x outer Brisbane IP's, settled in March, spent 2 weeks on repairs and maintenance.

1 x regional Vic IP, settled July, part time renovation project due to finish by Christmas. (will post youtube vid).

Currently working on finance for next purchase :D

This year:-
Attended 2 family weddings interstate.
Attended 50th wedding anniversary interstate
Sold 1 non performing IP interstate.
Bought 1 IP interstate, hopefully will perform better.
Joined a public speaking club and have now been voted in as it's President.
Renovated a Bathroom.
Hired and fired staff several times.
All my IP's have changed tenants.

Great post. It really makes you stop and reflect on what we have achieved/done and how this measures up with our goals.

This year hubby and I didn't do too much with property, we bought our 4th property (right on track)

Outside of property:
- hubby started a consulting business to bring in some cash while pursuing other dreams/ideas/projects
- I have started the process to begin a private practice - which will be up and running early next year.
- travelled overseas for 5 weeks and about to go away for 9 weeks :)
- been closely involved with 4 weddings (which takes up a lot of time and money but worth it)

Good thread to reflect. I have had some hiccups but after writing the list, I reckon it's a pretty good year :)

1. One overseas holiday with hubby and best friends
  2. Got myself a puppy - he's growing up beautifully and bring a lot of joy
  3. Settle on PPOR then move in
  4. Bought IP2
  5. Reno IP2
  6. Reno IP1, first time DIY painting and arrange other tradies myself
  7. Change PM for IP1
  8. Change job to a better paying one

A few things spring to mind:

- Improved on my jump shot
- Got better at photography (I like to think anyway)
- Traveled...a bit
- Convinced my 8 year old that I used to be in a well known boy band (long story)

Cheers

Jamie

Not achieved as much this year on the investment/business side as previous years.
Took up golf early in the year and have been totally consumed by it.
Gonna have to retire next year hopefully so I can play this game full time.

This is a good thread. Some industrious people on this forum.
  1. Got keys to IP 1 in January (which is in a different city to me).
  2. Managed full renovation of IP 1 which is now rented out.
  3. Decided on markets to source IP 2 from (in a different state this one) and actively searching.
  4. Completed cosmetic reno's and landscaping work on PPOR. Happy with the revaluations!
  5. Started learning Indonesian.
  6. Started mending a family relationship. Doesn't sound like much but probably the most important thing I've started on this list.

Its been a good and busy year.

1. Bought our first 2 IPs
2. Renovated both IP's in 2 weeks before tenant placement
3. Dropped 10kg to my lowest yet with maybe another 7kg to go till i hit my goal.
4. Started undertaking a subdivision of a Property for a family member
5. Travelled 6 weeks around the USA

Next year

1. Learn more about Property & Development & find more like minded people network with
2. Buy another IP
3. Complete subdivision for family member and start construction of a house
4. commence subdivsision of our IP for addition of a villa/townhouse/unit
5. Get fitter and hit target weight
5. NZ Ski Trip

Hi gang,

Absolutely inspiring to see what people on this forum are doing, both in this thread, and another I recall not long ago. Share your Investment Goal I think. Some big goals and some big successes!

Been a top year for us after a horror year last year, and a shaky start.

1. Spent first 6 months in rehab (successfully) after 3 major back surgeries, last of which in Jan 2014. The 6 months prior were absolutely the worst of my life. Returned to work part time after 12 months off in early July 2014. Back to full time late September.
2. Not too long after discovered my wife was pregnant with our first. It's a girl! Had boy in mind, so this was a pleasant, but daunting surprise.
3. Asked to be best man at my mates wedding next year.
4. Completed construction of 2 small development projects, and sold 3 of the 4 completed homes. Learnt a stack, and enjoyed every aspect.
5. Begun construction on another 2 small projects, with 2 constructions scheduled to complete in March, and 2 in May.
6. Finalised planning of another small project, to begin construction in Jan and complete in June.
7. Another LDR site under contract to settle in December, and begin construction mid next year.
8. Another (our first) LMR site under contract to settle in January and begin the planning process shortly after. Super pumped about stepping up to slightly higher density, and have spent a large amount of time trying to firm up some of the unknowns. We also got a pre purchase planning report from our local town planner, and looking good so far! As always, big contingency to be safe.
9. Nice international holiday next week for 3 weeks with our best friends.

Bring on 2015!

Here it goes:

- bought our first IP (Brisbane), completed a quick cosmetic reno and had it tenanted within a week of advertising.
- had our home featured on a huge design website. We're also having our tiny holiday cabin featured in an overseas home and interiors mag at the end of the year which is pretty exciting.
- travelled to Nepal, trekked for 11 days in the Himalayas and made it to the top of a 5000m mountain!
- travelled to Europe and China for work (got to experience First Class for the first time too - that was an experience!).
- currently researching and planning our next IP purchases (hoping for two next year).
- heading OS next week for a three week holiday which will cap off the year nicely.

But the most important thing we probably have finished with is a huge amount of confidence for future investments and decision making, which has made us reassess our goals... and they're much, much bigger now! :)

Also, a massive thanks to the SS community - so much generous information that has been extremely helpful and inspiring.

I started my IP journey around September after hesitating for so long.

1. IP 1# purchased September.

2. IP 2# purchased November.

3. Ip 3# about to settle mid- January.

4. Sacrificing my holiday with mates so that my partner could have her holiday.

Wished I started my journey a few years earlier.

I started my IP journey around September after hesitating for so long.

1. IP 1# purchased September.

2. IP 2# purchased November.

3. Ip 3# about to settle mid- January.

4. Sacrificing my holiday with mates so that my partner could have her holiday.

Wished I started my journey a few years earlier.

3 purchases in 4 months - well done and great start!

It's been a good year on the property front. Below purchases are houses in Brisbane:

1. IP #6 purchased in March

2. IP #7 purchased in April

3. IP #8 purchased in May

4. IP #9 purchased in June

5. IP #10 purchased in October

6. IP#11 purchased in November

7. Graduated from my MBA course

8. Had my wisdom teeth removed, I hate the dentist so this was a biggy for me :)

No purchases in 2014 but trying my luck at the moment with a couple in Perth. Just waiting for the vendors expectations to lower.

Busy year otherwise.

Moving to Melbourne after 3 years in Perth.

Ip2 handed back from DHA after 10 year lease in January. Managed to secure a tenant privately from interstate.

IP1 tenants moved out in February. Completed cosmetic Reno in 2 weeks and lined up new tenants.

IP5 Demolished and new PPR build. Should get the keys in a week.

IP 3 - OLD PPR advertised for tenants this week. Packing all weekend and new carpets going down Monday.

Bring on 2015

Back