Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by jpcashflow, 8th Dec, 2014.
No as good as Michael___X!
Highlights of 2014:
1. Finally joined this forum
2. Making my first post now
3. Bought first 2 IPs (both cash flow positive)
4. Trekked to Everest Base Camp!
5. Prepping to start new business in 2015
Bought my first IP, which has been rented since day one.
After buying that, I realised I had streched myself a little thin and would need a cash buffer. Managed to save cash buffer.
Saved a portion towards deposit on 2nd IP
Learnt a lot about property investing
Started to assemble a team
Refined my system for picking shares
Deadlift 2.2 x bodyweight
Won local cricket grand final
Enjoy Christmas and seeing my family.
Support wifey in upcoming exams.
Buy 3 more IP's. To do this I will need to create some equity and release.
Take a course. Vague at this stage!
Increase property investment knowledge.
Make more contacts, do more networking.
Go on holiday! New Zealand in March.
Play more golf.
Deadlift 3 x bodyweight!
See below from an earlier post (pre #10), congrats on completing your MBA also
Waiting for the detailed journey thread now
That's a lot of property for one year in Brisbane ,maybe you might be able to give us an idea on the location within Brisbane,if not then well done Qld needs more people like you..imho..
Hahaha, good pick up Redwing. My goal was IP10 before but a good equity pull meant now there is potential for IP12, working on this as we speak.
I want to have this wrapped up first. The detailed write up is definitely coming
They are all in the Logan Council, mostly around the $250-300k price range. Numbers work so I continue buying.
Some awesome results here (assuming numbers stack up for each of you)!! Well done guys!
That's what I thought,well done,and good luck..
He puts my haul of 4-5 to shame
Years not finished yet either
Very inspiring thread!
Now that i think of it, it has been a hectic year for us also....
* settled on PPOR late Dec 13 and spent the summer renoing
* got engaged
* changed job
* planning a Wedding for march
* taken an opportunity to relocate for said new job
* so PPOR becomes IP2
* planning development of IP2 block to kick off end of 2015
Bring on 2015
Purchased 4 Cash-flow positive properties
Reduced PPOR debt by $125K
Negotiated a better interest rate with banks
Overhauled all Super & Insurances
Completed Estate Planning
Financing organised for 2015 purchases (4-5 properties)
finished first build
became an organiser and mentor of both Startup Weekend Perth events
helped some Perth startups secure funding and media
visited two countries I had never been to before - Vietnam and Japan
Thought I'd have a crack....
Bought IP#2 - Buy & Hold. Hopefully some good capital gains in the next few years.
Bought IP#3 - Did a reno & now cashflow positive
Bought IP#4 - In the process of doing a reno. Will be a cashflow play
Bought IP#5 - Planning to demolish & rebuild a house
Potential for IP#6 to sneak through this year too (although probably early Jan at this stage). This one will require a quick reno too.
Outside of that - works got me on a new project thats alot more interesting than what I was doing previously. No pay rise yet though....
Wow - looks like it was a big year for purchases.
No purchases this year for us - but that may change still.
First half of the year was spent renovating 3 units in North Brisbane that was purchased at the end of 2013.
The second half was about recovering and sorting out the loan structure.
The start of next year will be spent on major renovations to the PPOR.
- Had the best year of my life
- Became a better person (perpetual goal)
- Doubled my net worth
- Had a significant, positive impact on a few people
- Was flown to the US to do a small workshop by a company worth > $10 billion
- Bought IP2 - $40k under value
- Had IP1 revalued - up 20% in the 12 months since I purchased it
- Reeled in my "be able to retire by" age significantly
- Diversified investment holding into cryptocurrencies
- Massive, positive evolution of mindset
- Took more risks
- Invested heavily in myself and realised the importance of doing so
- Become intensely goal-oriented
- Read 40-50 books
- Made a handful of life-changing connections
- Started building a business
- Wrote a short book
- Featured in media
- Helped both of my parents get on track financially
- Watched 100+ sunrises/sunsets
- Jettisoned detrimental acquaintances
- Remained fit and healthy as ever
- Sourced properties for a few folks
- ..and am now studying to become a BA
Point 3 sounds interesting. Can you elaborate?
I love these threads. Its great reading looking at what others have achieved as well as looking back on what has been.
It is similar vein to this thread
Finished (after 5years) my first development. Kept all 3 which are rented.
Started a partnership with Westminster to develop a site. Opened 2 other investing entities.
Travelled to Japan, Indonesia, Australia (x3) and Russia.
Increased net income by about 30%
Reduced net debt by 5%. Reduced interest bill by 12% and decreased living costs by about $10k/pa.
Started a share portfolio
Got engaged, and Mrs Blacky is due to have Jnr Blacky in January
Mrs Blacky also purchased an apartment in Moscow. Given how things have panned out we expect to repay the debt on this in March 2015 and purchase another one.
financing - made some introductions and pointed some in the right direction which they followed up with.
media - overlapped with the promotional efforts for Startup Weekend. Several startups conceived at the event have gone onto raise funding and the media ran with these stories.
Separate names with a comma.