What have you achieved this year!!

A few things spring to mind:

- Improved on my jump shot
- Got better at photography (I like to think anyway)
- Traveled...a bit
- Convinced my 8 year old that I used to be in a well known boy band (long story)

Cheers

Jamie
I've seen your jump shot, it could do with a lot more work :p

- had our home featured on a huge design website. We're also having our tiny holiday cabin featured in an overseas home and interiors mag at the end of the year which is pretty exciting.
Got any links?

For me, I moved from Canberra to Newcastle for work (and turned my place into an IP), had child #1, took a short holiday to Thailand as I've never been there, and restarted my MBA after a short lapse.

Some great achievements there, good thread.
So this calendar year we:
  • Purchased PPOR
  • Purchased and renovated IP #7
  • Purchased IP #8
  • Constructed IP #9 on a duplex block
  • Had baby #2 (well, will do by the year end - due in two days!!)
  • Started renovating PPOR - one bedroom down, rest of the house to go...
  • Established SMSF

Sadly due to all the purchases no travel features on this list - hoping to change that for 2015.

Very inspirational stuff.

Settled 1st property in SMSF.
IP 9 and 10 under contract (due to settle Jan 15)
Put under contract, got Planning Permit and on sold another backyard for some quick cash.
Inspired mate to buy his first IP
Completed Oxfam number 2
Learnt to Unicycle
Dropped 5 seconds of my lap time at Bradford raceway.

Overall great year. Very grateful for those that helped me and made my life better.

Didn't do much in the first half of the year except refinances and trying to get equity loans ready.

Mid year we saw New York and other parts of the US for the first time, and then moved to a new apartment.

Then in August we kicked off our acquisition plan, getting 3 high yield properties in Adelaide's south (2 houses and a duplex), and 4 in Brisbane(2 houses, 2 townhouses).

Last two in Brisbane haven't settled, hoping to be done before Christmas.

Then we plan to not look at another property for a good 6 months at least and have a good rest and enjoy the rest of summer.

Also hope to give our credit file a rest, it's looking a bit messy at the moment!

Purchased IPs #1 and #2. On the hunt for IP #3 but in two minds as to where and what it should be.
Paid off my car so no more personal debt, just mortgages.
Taught my 3 year old son how to ride a bike.
And our PPOR's deck will be finished in time for Xmas complete with a new BBQ!

Brought ip 2 and 3. Saw my big girl start kindergarten. Reno'd ip 3 after settlement.
Headed to Germany to treat my wife and I for Lyme disease, because apparently it doesn't exist in Australia :confused:
Spent lots of time on the farm getting things up to speed. And spent too much time at work, it's a habit I'm trying to quit ;)

kept BMI in normal range for over 12 months and going strong
Made some new/great friends
Became the leader of the pack (that is doggy talk for I am in control):)
Went to Hong Kong for our second honey moon
Got my braces off

Migrated from Switzerland to Spain (4th time I?ve moved countries).
Looking after my kids.
Improved Spanish language skills a lot, can hold a basic conversation now (language number 3, learnt German in the last 10 years).

Property investing taking a back seat, maybe permanently. The cashflow requirements means its kind of incompatible with early retirement.

Migrated from Switzerland to Spain (4th time I?ve moved countries).
Looking after my kids.
Improved Spanish language skills a lot, can hold a basic conversation now (language number 3, learnt German in the last 10 years).

Property investing taking a back seat, maybe permanently. The cashflow requirements means its kind of incompatible with early retirement.

Hey Joe, we're in Barcelona too. We should have a coffee sometime! :)

- married
- built and holding 2 villas
- organised new accountant and broker
- reading lots on personal development
- began doing regular goal setting
- improved our budget/diet/exercise
- currently splitting title on villas and refinancing 3 IPs
- getting excited for a few IPs in 2015

Back