-Visited 4 countries.
-Got a pay rise
-Set a new company monthly sales record
-Purchased a BMW with cash
-Going on a 9 day cruise after Boxing Day

Now saving for IP :)

- Bought first IP
- Found Somersoft and realised I hadn't structured it properly
- Re-financed (thanks in no small part to some amazing help and advice from a regular contributor on these foums)
- Now awaiting settlement of my second IP in early January

On a personal note, highlight of my year was a first trip to NZ which involved doing the Nevis bungy swing. Considering I am **** scared of heights, I was pretty pleased with this achievement!

Paid off 440K of non deductible debt in full - now THAT is a nice feeling. Walking into a bank and plonking that cheque down!
Settled on several NRAS properties to bring portfolio to 10
Exchanged on several more to bring portfolio over double digits next year.
Helped over 100 people take the first steps towards paying their mortgages off 10-15 years earlier.
Sold a lot of NRAS properties - with no val issues
Wrote about $30 Million of residential
Rolled out workshops in Malaysia. Plan to roll out in Indonesia next year - had no idea Jakarta was having a Sydney type property boom.
Got engaged

On a personal note, highlight of my year was a first trip to NZ which involved doing the Nevis bungy swing. Considering I am **** scared of heights, I was pretty pleased with this achievement!

The personal achievements are also important -- and this sounds like a big one for you. CONGRATS! :)

Had the busiest year of my life
-took 4 weeks off work at the start of the year to fit out the new house we had built ( IP#2)
-took another 4 weeks off work mid year to camp in the remote NT, caught my first legal Barra at 70cm, stoked
- took another 4 weeks off work to renovate newly purchased IP#3 and begin subdivision
- negotiated and secured a contract of sale on first commercial property which will settle in 2015

If someone had told me when I'd just turned 31 that I would have 4 IP's in 4yrs I'd have told em 'that's crazy talk'

Looking ahead to 2015, no more buying, focus will be on family and fun, another trip to the NT, hopefully even bigger fish will be caught.

Had the busiest year of my life
-took 4 weeks off work at the start of the year to fit out the new house we had built ( IP#2)
-took another 4 weeks off work mid year to camp in the remote NT, caught my first legal Barra at 70cm, stoked
- took another 4 weeks off work to renovate newly purchased IP#3 and begin subdivision
- negotiated and secured a contract of sale on first commercial property which will settle in 2015

If someone had told me when I'd just turned 31 that I would have 4 IP's in 4yrs I'd have told em 'that's crazy talk'

Looking ahead to 2015, no more buying, focus will be on family and fun, another trip to the NT, hopefully even bigger fish will be caught.

Wherebouts in remote nt????

Who's did you end up getting a job with?

Well done anyway it is an extremely hard process .

I was in frankston today working on the water tubes at PARC, frangas is on the up!

Veale electrical.

Yes its very hard, i nearly end up getting a gig with maxim elec but just missed out!! Signed the papers so ready for next year
Currently working on martha cove lights from 12v to led with stepdown drivers. 800 to changeover

Frankston definately on the up thats for sure!!!!

Very inspiring to read all of the previous posts - an incredible amount of items / goals were achieved in 2014, and big well done to everyone..

Myself, having decided in January 2014 to have "no fluffy goals" which for me meant no to "learn hindi, lose weight, take exercise, drink less, blah, blah", since they didn't fit the "SMART" formula.

Thus I only prepared two Major goals - both achieved:

1. have $8m in assets by December 2014 (which was achieved by buying IP's 14 and 15, and obtaining $300k LOC for investment (diversifying) into managed funds).
2. do two marathons per month in order to be fit enough to qualify for the Boston 2015 marathon.

(The IP's had to meet the usual criteria - cashflow positive/ area of growth potential/ high capital allowances/ tenanted/ 3 beds/urban area, etc.)

Tone

Very inspiring to read all of the previous posts - an incredible amount of items / goals were achieved in 2014, and big well done to everyone..

Myself, having decided in January 2014 to have "no fluffy goals" which for me meant no to "learn hindi, lose weight, take exercise, drink less, blah, blah", since they didn't fit the "SMART" formula.

Thus I only prepared two Major goals - both achieved:

1. have $8m in assets by December 2014 (which was achieved by buying IP's 14 and 15, and obtaining $300k LOC for investment (diversifying) into managed funds).
2. do two marathons per month in order to be fit enough to qualify for the Boston 2015 marathon.

(The IP's had to meet the usual criteria - cashflow positive/ area of growth potential/ high capital allowances/ tenanted/ 3 beds/urban area, etc.)

Tone

Ips 14 and 15 impressed me but 2 marathons per month just jaw dropped me

That's fantastic

Ips 14 and 15 impressed me but 2 marathons per month just jaw dropped me

That's fantastic

Agreed

Tony must be built like a greyhound

I drove somewhere the other day and granted traffic was slow and it took awhile, but it was about 40k's away and I thought, geez, imagine running a marathon which is another 2k's :eek:

$8M in assets is nothing to sneeze at either

what a awesome thread congratulations to everyone who achieved something this year.

As for me I purchased my first property in Sydney I purchased a new home to take advantage of the FHOG and the property could potentially have grown by almost 30% in value. Construction is due to finish next week so will have valuations done next year sometime.

Unfornantley I have been lazy and put on some weight this year so next year as well as buying more properties is to become more active and more healthy. Best of luck to everyone for 2015!!!!!

Wherebouts in remote nt????

Lorrela Springs Wilderness Park, near Boroloola NT, 1 million acres stretching from the Carpentaria Hwy to the coast, multiple warm fresh water springs, billabongs, beautiful escarpments, gorges and our favourite- Rosie river, camped on the banks and boated out to the mouth everyday, caught more mud crabs and fish than we could eat, beautiful.

Planning to head through Arneham Land next year to see Cobourg Peninsula for the first time, can't wait, we head north for a month every winter.

Lorrela Springs Wilderness Park, near Boroloola NT, 1 million acres stretching from the Carpentaria Hwy to the coast, multiple warm fresh water springs, billabongs, beautiful escarpments, gorges and our favourite- Rosie river, camped on the banks and boated out to the mouth everyday, caught more mud crabs and fish than we could eat, beautiful.

Planning to head through Arneham Land next year to see Cobourg Peninsula for the first time, can't wait, we head north for a month every winter.

I have lived in arnhem land last year in maningrida. Great fishing and amazing community

This year has been a great learning experience.

Start of the year I realised my IP1 had some equity and refinanced @ 80%LVR removing guarantor. Then later realised after finding Somersoft, reading the book & starting to formulate a plan for the future, that I want to be more aggressive and accumulate some property whilst young.

Refinanced again, this time getting a much better reval with a broker and going to 90% and pulling equity.

Decided I'm going to need a PPOR, and even though I might have missed the investment boat i'm gonna have to eventually buy in the Sydney market. Signed a contract today on a PPOR out west. Going to attempt to fabricate some equity quickly whilst the market is still fairly hot for future purchases next yr (IP3).

Have managed to put on a decent amount of weight onto my bench press, deadlift and squat at an all time lowest body weight/leaner.

Did 6 weeks travelling America - visiting east and west coast with my girlfriend. Honestly realised how great we have it on this side of the world...

Ordered a couple of mindset books, 3/4 way through Arnold Schwazernegger's autobiography.

Hauled in over 50km of fibre optic cable at work. :D

Great stuff everyone! I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed to this forum to help newbies such as I to hopefully be better investors.

Only started half-way through this year.
- found an interest in property
- read a lot of books
- discovered SS
- official passed my first year of masters (1 more left)
- started an investment company
- started my #1 development project for an investor
- found another investor but offer for a property fell through
- hope to settle and start #2 project before the year finishes
- ran my first half-marathon
- dating my first girlfriend

Definitely a big year but looking forward to the next year's challenges.

Back