What have you achieved this year!!

Hi All,

I cant believe its almost the end of another year.
For me this has been a really great year in terms of building some cash plus my property portfolio. Here are a few highlights I would like to share...
Maybe you can share some of your achievements too!!

1) Bought a property in Melbourne - Bought it under market value and already cash flow positive from day one even after loan and expenses.

2) Bought a development site in Melbourne and Permits approved - Construction to start in FEB.

3) Bought another IP under market value and in return its also cash flow positive after expenses.

A very good year and in a very strong cash position. I wont be buying another site until we finish the first one off..

I feel like I wasted the first half of the year trying to make a deal work in Sydney, rather than moving onto another state. Second half of the year I have been working on my splitter block project in Brisbane. So while I haven't done a lot of things, I have exceeded my comfort level by working towards small development projects and have learned a lot along the way.

Hi

Hi,

I don't think time was wasted in your case just a lesson that you have experienced :).

Good luck with the new project as well.

Signed an extended and improved employment contract
Started a Masters degree
Snowboarded in Japan
Began a relationship with a wonderful girl - still going strong
Visited Perth, Italy and Mexico for a week each with work
Bought a car
Some of the athletes I train won gold medals at the Commonwealth games
Flew A380 business class internationally - that was sweet
Holidayed in Thailand
Moved out of my unit and listed it for rent (last week) making me a 1st time property investor
Sold a car
Doing Tough Mudder this weekend
Hope to buy another IP before the end of the year...

Actually, that was worth thinking about. Great thread!

Calendar year 2014:

- bought 4 cashflow positive properties

- bought a dev block that ill build on in 2015

- prepped for starting new biz

- passed basic German, now onto intermediate

- managed to pay off all non deductible debt (except homeloan of course)

Hi

Hi Scott,

Well done mate... we went to Italy, france, malta (Visit 100 cousins) and England... got to see my man united loose though :(.

Part of the year was **** but part was good.
Good part
-Started working towards getting my second business up and running.
- had a nice holiday to Fiji for my 30th
**** part
- got my truck broken into and all my tools stolen about 6k worth
- had a work accident in the end of oct and will be out of action til February hopefully

-After a painfully long time I finally settled on my first IP in Waterford QLD.
-Believe I have finally burst my procrastination bubble,looking at 3/4 more IPs next year
-Week in Hong Kong with a work function
-Did some reno's on PPOR-Bathroom & Kitchen
-Daughter's illness defined the true meaning of family and what it means to be both a Father and a Husband.

Congrats on the first purchase coota. Hope your daughter is ok. I am yet to purchase my first ip. I'm hoping 2015 is my year. I also renovated my bathroom on ppor this year

-After a painfully long time I finally settled on my first IP in Waterford QLD.
-Believe I have finally burst my procrastination bubble,looking at 3/4 more IPs next year
-Week in Hong Kong with a work function
-Did some reno's on PPOR-Bathroom & Kitchen
-Daughter's illness defined the true meaning of family and what it means to be both a Father and a Husband.

well done mate...the first ip is always the hardest and most time consuming. I hope the experience acts as a catalyst for you and builds into a snowball in 2015 and beyond

Calendar year 2014:

- bought 4 cashflow positive properties

- bought a dev block that ill build on in 2015

- prepped for starting new biz

- passed basic German, now onto intermediate

- managed to pay off all non deductible debt (except homeloan of course)

Amazing achievments so far this year Dave! I know from talking to Dave hes amazingly committed to is goals.

Well done!

leo

Brian84,

My 2c worth is that for your first IP you may not buy the "perfect" property but really your main goal should be not to buy a lemon..

Just have confidence that you have done all you can to mitigate as much risk as you can..

Baker,

Thanks daughter and indeed our family are in for the long haul with her illness.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice coota. I think for the first property I will go,through a reputable buyers agent.

Hope the illness isn't to serious, family is more important than anything.

Back