What have you achieved this year!!

My Occupational Doctor said i have Medial Plica syndrome but i dont know. up to 28 years of age i never had any problems with my knees, i ride alot of road bikes and some motorcross.
did you have medial plica syndrome ? how did you fix it? i have this pain and its like a nerve block/dead nerve or something when i go for runs my right knee on the outer acl joint would feel really bad pinch down to my ankle (have this problem since 2012)i've been to the doctors physios and had keyhole scrape done but have not solved. please share :)
Sorry I only got to this today. I have no idea about medial plica syndrome. My own problem was a PIA. Every time I went in for an MRI it showed a different problem. I even consulted with the Andrews sports medicine clinic in Birmingham, Alabama. They are supposedly the best and even they weren't able to figure it out. I didn't even have the symptoms of a torn cartilage, so it wasn't a surprise. I just resigned it to being one of those things which I was cursed with. Its a few months after surgery now and I feel much better. Good luck with your condition.

For us;

Financially -
1. Business - no improvement in the business, but managed to decrease staff from 3 to one, so hopefully an improvement in cashflow and profitability.
2. Real Estate - no purchases, but managed to get all the landscaping finished around the house in preparation for some holiday rentals in Dec/Jan.
3. Personally - managed not to have to sell the house or the last remaining IP.

Personally -
1. Married 20 years and had a 20 year revisit to honeymoon destination at Rottnest Island; this time with 3 kids in tow.
2. Finished of the landscaping - took almost the whole year.
3. Managed to lose weight I didn't need to lose from all the frickin' landscaping!!

Been a good year for me, I've achieved semi retirement and some soul food travelling the globe. So good not to have to "do" anything right now.

Missus got her teeth redone. Got a new kitchen. Get to do stuff I want to do around the place

Worked for Spotless and now for CBA. Enjoying CBA. A great place to work.
Refinanced all IPs
Bought an IP with the equity and turned it into a short term rental (so far, so good). Turned around the purchase to short term rental in no time at all. (Bought Thursday, furnished over 3 days, First guest on Monday! And he was fantastic.)

Got PPOR loan way down and we only pay ~$10 a day in interest (partner is conservative, he likes to focus on the home loan)

Tried to learn some Korean.... More or less a failure. But I understand some.
Tried to learn more Chinese... Still pretty poor.

Late last year started venue managing the women's volleyball comp for my local association in Sydney (in addition to a Wednesday mixed comp I already managed)
My women's team won 2/3 championships this year! (As underdogs)

My women's SVL team won gold in the Div 2 classification (I was a random person... Didn't know any of my teammates in the first week of games!)
Upgraded volleyball referee qualification to regional badge.
Paddled 100km down the Murrumbidgee River. (Learnt a lesson, don't use soft roof racks on a glass roofed car).
Learnt how to use Teradata.
Discovered Mr. Money Moustache (thanks Kathyrn D)
Continued my ability to do the splits.

Managed to fix a stair and a non moving screen door (thanks WD40)
Avoided buying hotel accommodation. Hostels, yes, campgrounds, yes. Airbnb home stay, yes. Motel, yes. Hotels, no.

:)
Just an update, from a tad over 3 months:

The PPOR loan interest has halved down to about $5 a day. :)

Airbnb property is doing way better than I could have ever imagined

Looking to start purchasing again

Joined the board of my volleyball association. :eek: (night after, one guy playing in a volleyball comp I manage almost died... Type 1 diabetic and he had a fit then lapsed into a coma on court. Thankfully he's ok. But oh my....) everybody around was extremely helpful.

Started playing in a higher volleyball division for State Cups

Really loving working for CBA

Life is great

I can still do the splits :)

I feel I can understand more Mandarin without actively trying to learn it?

My coaching mentor wants me to get a state badge as a volleyball referee this year...

Net worth over $1mill. Awesome!!! :D

For me the biggest achievement in 2015 to date has really been about resetting my strategy and learning more. I've been investing for about 6-7 years now, and until 2015 I've only had a cursory interest in the more macro-economic influences in property investment. This year I've made it a goal to better educate myself and to greater understand (and appreciate) the macro-economics of Australia's and the world's economies; and then specifically understand the linkage between these theories and Australian residential / commercial property.

That I've also grown my portfolio is also a neat little achievement too :)

Oh and, planning a neat mid-winter break to Vietnam with a group of friends :cool:

And also.. Did I mention how much I love The Walking Dead? I pretty much binge-watched all of it this year in countless nights of Netflix indulgence!

Financial:
Established a 15 year plan to build wealth enabling me to comfortably retire at 60. Super is on track but post divorce have zero property ŵealth. Committed to building my understanding of property investment, treating it as a business and acquiring my first IP this year.

Personal:
Lost 15% of my body weight in past 3 months!
Celebrated 3 years in Australia yesterday :)

Update for 2015

Hi Guys,

Good to see some people have already achieved some goals.

Here are my goal progression:

Investing / Finance / Business:
1) Bought a new IP in Deer Park Melbourne looking at building a unit at the rear or side by side. Waiting to hear back from Brimbank Council.
- really good buy and clean home.
2) East Keilor Development: It is on track and I cant complain there
3) In the next month we are launching a development business that just focuses on developing properties.

Personal:
1) renovating our home - we are two weeks away from being finished, cant wait to move back home as my wife and I are living with my parents
2) Started reading a new book which is quiet enjoyable
3) just enjoying life in general :)

Back