What Hours do you Work?

I'm a diesel mechanic, at the moment I work 7.30am to 4pm, half hour unpaid lunch for a 40 hour week with no RDOs but only working 40s because things have been slow for the last 12 months, for the 8 years prior to that I worked 6.30am to 5pm for a 50 hour week plus over time which was an average of 7 hours per week, hoping to get back to 50 hours a week again soon as work is starting pick up again.

35 hours a week, 8.30 till 4.30 with an hour lunch break and 2x10 minute lunch breaks. I choose to start around 8 am, as it's a bit quieter.

I love my job. I work on side projects outside of that, some paid, some not. But sometimes I wonder if it's worth pursuing my own business more seriously and the hassles involved (money, marketing) when my day job is so good.

I work permanant night duty, 2100 - 0730 four nights a week. No you never get used to night duty, I am frequently sleep deprived.

:D
does surfing somersoft count as work?

funny_breaking_bad_memes_640_10.jpg

l work for myself and lf l do it right , l only work 3-4 hrs a day , 2-3 wks a mth.
Sometimes l'll have to do long days though 10-12hrs or long wks or long mths , all depends .
Some wks to l'll have to do a long interstate delivery or pick up to though and often drive 20hrs straight and 2 or 3 very long days of driving , not crazy about those .
Be great if l had someone to come with me .

I get to the office about 8:15am and generally leave between 6:30 to 7:00pm. Sometimes a bit later or earlier. Lunch breaks might be 10 or 15 min or working lunches. I usually work for an hour or so in the evenings at home comprising mostly answering or asking questions from the US who ares till working. I generally do zero work on the weekends.

For a very senior executive my work hours are very reasonable, incredibly focused and well rewarded.

I have flexible working hours. I can start as early as 7am and finish as early as 3.30. 35 hr week. 7hr days as general rule of thumb but you can work 6 hrs or 8 etc if you want. We have whats called flex periods. 4 weeks = 1 flex period, You can carry over no more then 35 hrs but you aren't allowed to be in more then 10hrs debt in an flex period. With the excess hours you are entitled to RDO's. I usually get in between 7.30-8 and finish around 4.30. 1hr lunch break and an 15minute morning tea break

I work permanant night duty, 2100 - 0730 four nights a week. No you never get used to night duty, I am frequently sleep deprived.

I hear you, i usually work 1:30am-10:00am Mon/Wed/Fri and 3am - 10/11:00am Tues/Thurs/Sat. Hard having any sort of social life or seeing the partner, but i do enjoy having my days free.

Thinking its time for a change, because at nearly 27 and after 8 years of doing this, sleeping normal hours sounds tempting.

Dual trade HD mechanic/ Auto electrician in a field service role, standard work hours 7 till 3:30 5 days a week with x1 RDO a month, with overtime tend to do anywhere between 45-80 hours a week, on call every second weekend, I enjoy my job but know there's more to life than 80 hours of work a which so begins my investing in pursuit of passive income!

6:30pm to 5:00am for 26 days in a row.

Fly somewhere to chill out, preferably near the ocean. 9 days off.

Back to 26 days... Repeat...

Done 2 years so far. 6 more and I'll be sitting on a boat somewhere surfing, fishing and swimming my life away.

Gee reading through all these hours I realise my hours suck.

Shift work.
1 week 5am to 1pm , normally leads to overtime of 2-4hours
2 week 11am to 6pm , again overtime
3 week 5pm to 1am , normally get called in to work early.

5am start requires getting up at 3.30 , half hour to get ready ,40 min drive.
11 am start can require leaving home 1.5 hours to get through
traffic and prior to Christmas 2 hours of peak traffic ,Hornsby to Mascot.
If I do finish work on time at 5pm then peak hour traffic normally takes
1.45 hours to get back, can take an hour just from Mascot to Bridge on a friday.
Saturday midday traffic is now worse than week peak hour so again need
more time to travel when starting 11 am Sat.

Hornsby to Mascot =36km

Consulting work - variable hours up to 50 hpw
Property management - variable hours - up to 10 hpw
End of month - a couple of hours per month
Other projects - up to 20 hpw

Work/Life balance - hmmmm?

Back