What I do in my free time

Thanks Sharon and Lilly. I have done a few IBA certified rides. :D

I enjoyed every minute even the excessive temps once I got over it and thought about what I had learnt from it.

On another forum someone said "not for me, I like to take my time and see everything"

So I guess they never fly :rolleyes:

I see heaps, I just see it in fast forward and thats great.

take care and enjoy life, its the only one you get.

Jindaro said:
I seem to do a lot of my longer touring by myself. If no-one else wants to go, I just head out by myself. My bike is setup with a throttle lock, a rebuilt "John Moorehouse" custom seat and I want to get some bar risers

I have a throttle lock, throttle rocker, taller screen, upgraded lighting harness, higher wattage globe, twin driving lights, aux fuel tank etc etc. Once the distance bug bites it bites hard.

Most distance riders ride alone, its part of the attraction. John or his brother Andrew make good seats, mine is altered but next job is a fully upograded one. I also run a Starcom1 communication system, UHF, mobile, music etc. There is a link on that site for pics.

Wow!

well done.

I am impressed.

My best riding experience is: 120kms in 3.5 hours.
I've got this Specialized Allez bike, very nice, with two fuel tanks, and it's a 2 Piston jobby.

One of the fuel tanks holds water, the other holds Gatorade!!

It sounds slow until you realise that it's me doing the work - it's a bicycle.

:D

http://www.australiancyclist.com.au/showarticle.php?s=4&a=660

I am especially impressed with the level of planning you have put into this effort. A lesson here.

My goal is to do a triathalon this year so my training is set to increase jolly soon.

I wish you well, its a mind thing really when it all boils down and you sound positive.

You may have read in the updates that my 3l camelbak gained an extra hole from me leaning back on it. I improvised for the return ride by using the 2l insulated drink bottle I had strapped on the side by inserting a length of clear hose into it and putting the camelbak bite and drink connection onto the end of it. As you know, hydrate or die is very real.

Tragic News

I just read in the paper that David was killed on Friday while competing in a long distance ride in the US. He was finishing the final leg of a ride completing 11000 kms in 11 days, when a deer jumped out in front of the bike. David died doing what he loved. Never met the guy but spoke to him on the phone once, he seemed to be a guy who just loved life. A sad loss.

JIM

That is NOT the update that I was hoping to read! :(
Good on him for doing what he loved. So sad to hear about it though. :(
Condolences to his wife and family.

Back