what in Brisbane is equivalent to Section 32 in Melbourne

I am looking to buy a property in Brisbane but do not know what to ask estate agent about section 32. Is there any document which I should ask estate agent before offer i.e. sale contract, section 32, etc?

Big Thanks !!!

think it is called a disclosure document,

not anywhere as detailed as a section 32 which is the best system in the country.

u still need to get your conveyancer to do a few searches that would not be required if it was as good as a section 32

Queensland has no equivalent of the S32.

You simply sign the sales contract and all the searches are done during the conveyancing process.
Marg

Bigtone, marg4000
Thank you for your answer.

For Brisbane, is there 3 days cool-off period same as in Melbourne?

Thanks

normally pretty easy to get a a 21 day finance clause and building and pest

normally get away with very low deposit also maybe $1-$2k.

cheers

BT

Doesn't it just give you the proper faeces the way every state is different.

Gees... with all the public servants & levels of government etc that we pay for in this country, you'd think they could make some attempt to be consistent.

Uh...oh ...I guess that would mean less feeding "at the government trough".

Couldn't have that !!
LL

Doesn't it just give you the proper faeces the way every state is different.

Gees... with all the public servants & levels of government etc that we pay for in this country, you'd think they could make some attempt to be consistent.

Uh...oh ...I guess that would mean less feeding "at the government trough".

Couldn't have that !!
LL

a national system would be good and would allow conveyancers to work across all states

Thanks all heap. I am back Melbourne from Brisbane trip. I signed sale contract for a house. Next step, do you recommend any good and affordable solicitor? or any solicitors which you used before?

I am sorry. I canceled the contract due to investigations and searches are not satisfactory.

Few notes when purchasing in Brisbane:

1) Initial deposit: min $1000
2) Not required to deposit 5%-10% when contract becomes unconditional where Melbourne does. Just deposit additional $9,000 (surprise)
3) They use REIQ standard contract without section 32, title, council rates etc. You investigate these by yourself after signing contract.
4) up to 21 days unconditional contract (surprise!!!)

I am sorry. I canceled the contract due to investigations and searches are not satisfactory.

Few notes when purchasing in Brisbane:

1) Initial deposit: min $1000
2) Not required to deposit 5%-10% when contract becomes unconditional where Melbourne does. Just deposit additional $9,000 (surprise)
3) They use REIQ standard contract without section 32, title, council rates etc. You investigate these by yourself after signing contract.
4) up to 21 days unconditional contract (surprise!!!)

A few notes to this. There is no minimum initial deposit nor is there a set balance deposit of $9,000. I've sold properties with $500 and $10,000 initial deposits while i've also sold properties with no balance deposit. All these form terms of your offer.

If I make an offer with a 5-day cooling off period (subject to finance, building and pest etc...), should i also engage the services of a solicitor/conveyancer for further investigations and searches?

Or can I do the searches myself? ie. in Melb I can do a Land Titles search online for a small fee.

I'm so used to good Section 32s in Melb...so much useful information all in one doc :)

you can do most of the searches yourself - but by the time you stuff around trying to figure out what they are locally you would be far better engaging a professional.

I always advise purchasers to engage a solicitor...the pitfalls are too great in this game to go it alone.

you can also do the checks for rates etc before if you want, there is no stipulation on when they can be done.

evisional, can you clarify what you mean by up to 21 days unconditional?

Back