What is an investor personality type?

INFJ 33 12 38 33

But what does it mean? The career choices listed were basically a history of discarded studies / jobs .... that was kind of funny. My current job isn't listed ...

Definitely introverted though ... I'm planning for a future life as a shut in :D

DJ

If you google your personality type, you'll see a number of sites giving a detail description of your personality type, career choices, etc etc.

Have Fun:)

With the exception of sunshine it would seem that we are all have Introverted and Judging traits. Feeling a little lonely sunshine? :D [insert: Opps spoke to soon, we have another extrovert]

A judging trait seems obvious as you'd need to be somewhat decisive to be an investor, particularly in realestate. I never would have thought there would be so many with introverted traits. However, a pool of ten is hardly conclusive.

I am an INFP...strongest score, intuitive.

Introverted: 78%............Intuitive: 88%..............Feeling: 62%..........Perceiving: 56%

The introversion seems to rate high, but I've spent many years in work that primarily revolves around people (eg nursing being the main occupation)...I have no difficulty relating and interacting with people....socially I've done (and do) okay, perhaps a little shy at first.

The intuitive I believe is accurate; (however the legal and professional validity of this test I believe is questionable). I do have a greatly developed sense of the intuitive, people, animals etc.

I certainly do have a sense of wonder about the world (it is so beautiful)...and consider myself an optimistic type of person.

How has my personality affected my property investing? I am possessed with huge curiousity and desire to learn, I soak up everything you all say (and may not say...:p), I can relate to people very well, that helps when you deal with finance, builders, real estate people....agents! property managers, tenants!!

I like to solve/resolve any problems that may come our way. I love to learn from them. (I'm learning something from this right now).

I have bought property that I consider good deals, we have built in what I consider a great area...we reap the equity and growth and continue to buy and build....*judging* would be the equivalent of tying half my brain and legs up, I like to play with the hows and wheres and can we, I don't like to be judging people/stuff and it kinda offends me somewhat when people do judge others, that's difficult to explain....(hence I found some of the posts on this forum offensive at times, over the years-my problem) ..and no I'm not a bleeding heart, I can stand my ground very solidly, I have also been whitewashed with stubborness.

Apparently INFP's are a very small (but wonderful:) ) part of the population, I am very aware that the majority of people do not think or act like me.

My nursing is a very suited occupation for me...caring for; and working with people, toward a goal; the system of health care I can find very frustrating, but I can make the most, and yet nothing makes me happier than going off and climbing some mountains (literally), or working and training my animals, or just being with kids!

My partner did the test and he is an ESTJ...whatever label we put on ourselves we already know how opposite he and I are...yet it works?!?

I find people fascinating, personalities a maze of wonderment...learning the greatest of enjoyment and property investing a hugely interesting path of challenging myself and skills and a fun road to our financial independence.

There you go. Secret ramblings of an INFP. :)

Just a thought... perhaps Introvert in this instance is more the ability for self assessment and looking inwards (& less about absence of an outgoing personality). The ability to look in not toward external sources of distraction/stimulation may account for the number of introverts who are investors and on this site. All the Extroverts are answering the get-rich-quick spam! :D

I have not revisited the MyersBriggs survey recently but it is a thought since the pattern seemed quite strong.

I am an INFP...strongest score, intuitive.

Introverted: 78%............Intuitive: 88%..............Feeling: 62%..........Perceiving: 56%

The introversion seems to rate high, but I've spent many years in work that primarily revolves around people (eg nursing being the main occupation)...I have no difficulty relating and interacting with people....socially I've done (and do) okay, perhaps a little shy at first.

Introversion doesn't mean shy and anti-social. It means that you process information internally rather than displaying it or verbalising it externally. Someone who is thinking very introvertedly will appear to be in another world. Also, these tests only indicate the way you tend to think or behaviour on most occasions. In no way does it mean you think introvertedly in every situation.

Well this is at least my understanding of it.

It's also entirely possible that ss doesn't give a very good representation of the investor group as a whole.

The fact that the majority are introverted could be nothing more than an indicator that those who post to online forums may be more comfortable in the reasoned, timed response, text based form of communication that doesn't require instantaneous on the spot thinking?

My wife is the complete opposite in terms of introvert/extrovert and she doesn't post online at all. She is no less an investor than me though :)

Cheers,

Arkay.

Good point Arkay,

I also thought that extroverted people may not be so interested in this stuff but I think your point would be more accurate.

Back