What is an investor personality type?

My first analysis I did was SO wrong - so I redid the questions (this time paying more attention) and I got..

ENFJ - THIS one was heaps more accurate - well, accurate with how I like to see myself..

Extraverted 78
Intuitive 25
Feeling 25
Judging 22

I loved "ENFJs generally believe in their dreams.." and "Many ENFJs have tremendous entrepreneurial ability." YAY!

Ok getting the E score up among SSers - I'm ENTP and career choice is spot on (even though I like to change it but my new career choice is in the description also) - Love this stuff, bit like reading horoscopes ;)

kaf

With the exception of sunshine it would seem that we are all have Introverted and Judging traits. Feeling a little lonely sunshine? :D [insert: Opps spoke to soon, we have another extrovert]

Yup. Not just with the Extravert one but it seems I am a perceiving type and all others appear judging types. Lonely I'm so lonely.. but then came OO and KAF who are P types. Phew!! I was beginning to think I'm on the wrong forum:D

I'm gonna get hubby do do this tomorrow we are so different - will be fun!

Sunshine

Hiya,

I got ENFJ too (the first time, Shon ;)).

E 78
N 50
F12
J 22

Apparently I'm well suited to management as a career.

Also, "They have tremendous charisma by which many are drawn into their nurturant tutelage and/or grand schemes." and "They see the big picture. The ENFJs focus is expansive... Many ENFJs have tremendous entrepreneurial ability."

I don't usually pay too much cred to these things. But it's hard not to this time :p

Cheers

James.

Hi guys,

Wow, there's a lot of intraverts on this site!

I'm going to buck the trend though, I'm an ENTJ which is Extraverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judgemental.

very expressed extravert (78%)

distinctively expressed intuitive personality (62%)

moderately expressed thinking personality (38%)

moderately expressed judging personality (33%)

But the NTJ seems to be a common combination here which makes sense as it typically represents a "thinking" (T) mind which can take "action" (J). Sensates might struggle more with the risk of property investment.

My extraversion seems to be an anomolly though, so you'll all forgive me I hope for the volume and general "loudness" of my posting. I love a good party! In fact, I'm having an MBA graduation coctail party this Saturday. I also love to dress up so I've themed it retro. I've got a great Austin Powers outfit I now have an excuse to drag out again!! :D

Cheers,
Michael (the overly loud extravert on the forum)...

I seem to have gotten really low scores compared to others

Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted 33
Intuitive 38
Thinking 25
Judging 1

cheers
quoll

Dean:
Introversion doesn't mean shy and anti-social. It means that you process information internally rather than displaying it or verbalising it externally. Someone who is thinking very introvertedly will appear to be in another world. Also, these tests only indicate the way you tend to think or behaviour on most occasions. In no way does it mean you think introvertedly in every situation.

Well this is at least my understanding of it

Wish-ga:
Just a thought... perhaps Introvert in this instance is more the ability for self assessment and looking inwards (& less about absence of an outgoing personality). The ability to look in not toward external sources of distraction/stimulation may account for the number of introverts who are investors and on this site.

Thanks for that, my interpretation was a bit skewiff, bit muddled, too much thinking and reasoning over the whole thing...I read up on it all-it makes much more sense for me now.

I think sometimes I might think about stuff just a little too much.:p

I did it twice and both times got ISTJ

Apparently a Warren Buffet, J.D.Rockefeller type (also the Queen)

Only one out of the job list held any apeal to me, but it was the first on the list.

Dave

Introversion doesn't mean shy and anti-social. It means that you process information internally rather than displaying it or verbalising it externally. Someone who is thinking very introvertedly will appear to be in another world. Also, these tests only indicate the way you tend to think or behaviour on most occasions. In no way does it mean you think introvertedly in every situation.

Well this is at least my understanding of it.
Spot on.

And I am off the scale extrovert so actually think out loud most of the time. it probably drove my MBA classmates insane because I was the annoying one carrying the conversation in most of the classroom environments.

I'm also reminded of an age old post of mine I made in response to someone else's observation about whether or not you should fix interest rates. One poster said no, never and spelt out a reason. I followed up by thinking out loud: "yeah I agree, never fix makes sense" and got lampooned for it. What others perceive as a well thought out deliberate response with a lot of analysis behind the scene to support it was in fact just part of my think out loud process. If someone had countered with: "no, it doesn't make sense for these reasons..." I probably would have gone "yeah, you're right". I think it was Mark (Pitt St) that put me in my place that time, and I'm willing to make a sizeable wager that he would be an introvert from the whole thinking out loud perspective. It is really interesting to understand how different personalities drive different visible behaviours. And remember, it takes friction to create fire! Or, more succinctly, diversity creates better outcomes and avoids the downside of groupthink. How boring would it be if we were all the same.

Vive la difference!!

Cheers,
Michael.

Interesting point Michael.

I thought I might extend your point further, not only does one benifit from those who think in the opposite spectreme but in your own mind you can benifit from these changes as well. How many times have you ponder on something alone and never solved it but the moment you start talking to someone about it, the anwser just pops into your head? How many times have you talk to someone about a problem and never solved it but the moment you walk away from the conversation the answer pops into your head?

ENFP
Extroverted: 33%
Intuitive: 75%
Feeling: 12%
Perceiving: 11%

The jobs suggested were spot on. Very interesting
Cheers,
GMG

INTJ for me as well.
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
67 38 62 33

I am introverted in social situations but easily carry on conversations and get along well with all sorts of people, especially after a few drinkies. I love hanging out with extroverts though as you can let them do all the talking and just relax and have a good time. In classes I am usually the one asking questions and challenging what the lecturers say so maybe not so introverted in that way.

I found the career choices interesting. I have studied IT and quite like database programming, would love a career in natural sciences such as geology and have thought about studying a proper law degree. I have no desire to be a manager though - I can't even cope with organising group assignments at uni!

Ladies and Gents, according the my quick and biased caculuations, here are the result so far:

INTJ - 7
ISFJ - 3
ENFJ - 3
INFJ - 3
ISTJ - 3
ENTJ - 2
ENTP - 2
ESFP - 1
INFP - 1
ENFP - 1
all others - 0

It would appear that INTJ rules the investing world with an overwhelming 7. How convenient for me. :D

Just spent the weekend at a seminar talking about this stuff - absolutely mind blowing.

Although the web version put me as an ISTJ (admittedly with the T as 1), the long form of the MB test placed me (more definitively) as an ISFJ.

FYI, according to my seminar notes, INTJ's are: systematic money making machines, for whom winning is the ONLY alternative :eek: no wonder....

Cheers,

The Y-man

Last edited:
Back