what is deer park like?

just wanting to know more about deer park. we will be moving from qld for a year and renting (work commitments). Deer park has a new estate - the houses look good. Can anyone please provide me with as much info about the suburb - we have 2 young kids, is it safe, etc. Is the new childcare centre good? Anything else - or suggestions about where we should rent. My husband will be based at melbourne airport. Thanks

Hi Belly

If you do a search on Deer Park above, I'm sure it will bring up a few comments on the area.

I'm in Sydney and only drove through / past Deerk Park on my way to Melton last year.

Goodluck with the move !

They've got lots of deers running wild, and very dangerous to drive through, as you might run one over, damaging your car...... only joking :D

Cheers,

The Y-man

just wanting to know more about deer park. we will be moving from qld for a year and renting (work commitments). Deer park has a new estate - the houses look good. Can anyone please provide me with as much info about the suburb - we have 2 young kids, is it safe, etc. Is the new childcare centre good? Anything else - or suggestions about where we should rent. My husband will be based at melbourne airport. Thanks

Deer Park is fine, plenty of young kids with families. If your husband is working at the airport you will also have great access with the ring road running through Deer Park directly to the airport. If the new estate your are talking about is Cairnlea, you'll find some decent houses to rent. If you are looking in Deer Park you will notice a lot of older properties are starting to undergo renos as Deer Park prices were flat for some period of time abd from low to mid 200's 12 - 18 months ago, prices now fetch around the 300k.

As for the Womens prison and quarry, I have lived here for over 30 yeaars and haven't seen either of them.

If you need any further info just ask.

Cheers

We lived in that vicinity for a little while when moving down from Brissie. I guess it comes down to what you are used to. What part of Qld are you in now, then maybe we can give you a comparison.

We are from North Lakes. I'm starting wonder about deer park being a safe place for a young family. Re people travelling to visit people in the jail and read something about car theft etc etc. Perhaps we would be better on east side of melbourne - say around epping???

There are two parts to Deer Park.

The older part north of the rail line up to Neale Road which has houses ranging from 1900 to 1970's. Bounded by Station road and parkland.

The part you are talking about is the newer two estates, located to the south of the rail line to Foleys road bounded by Derrimut and Robinsons road.

There are two estates, the St Andrews/Australand estate and the Devine estate.

Nothing wrong with it, it is lacking infrastructure at the moment but this is being built. It is like any new estate. Prices for established homes range from about $320k to about $400k ... with some majorly overcapitalised homes in the area.

Land has gone ballistic but existing house prices have not kept up, it is cheaper to buy establised rather than off the plan ... but that is a moot point as all the land has been sold out.

The V line station is nearby and there is good freeway access.

Many of the discussions here refer to the older part of Deer park which is not bad and has seen big price appreciation over the past year - mostly first home buyer stuff.

In fact old and new parts of Deer Park are mostly being purchased by first home buyers ... and investors

Cairnlea as mentioned is a different area with higher property values.

I do a lot of work in this area.

Nothing wrong with it, very affordable and good value for your money IMHO.

I trust this helps,

cheers,

RightValue

Last edited:
re the prsions..

They are located a fair distance from the Subdivisions and are not even in Deer Park, they are located in Ravenhall and Truganina a long way from any residential area ...and are not really a consideration.

cheers

RightValue

I"ve lived in the deer park/st albans area for 27yrs (my whole life), and I travel alot around melbourne, to see friends and family. Deer Park is not the safest place to bring your kids up, but there is far worse. Plus, if you know where not to go, you'll be right. Like I said, lived in the area my whole life, and never hada problem. Most trouble is hoons these days, from what I see and hear. But dont just look at deer park, look at the newer estates, like burnside heights, caroline springs, even taylors lakes (not sure of the prices). Deer Park is an old suburb. Its not for everyone. If you want someone detail feel free to email me.

Cheers

Back