What is it with men?

Our lounge area has been a bit of a mess of late, with me using the dining table as a cutting table, I have lycra and patterns everywhere and with the cold weather I have clothing on a clothes horse airing out as it will dry quicker than outside under the awning because we have been using the heater.

Anyway, I am busy doing stuff in the office and Hubby starts banging away. He picks this time to start demolishing the bar. There is dust and rubble everywhere. Did he think to move the clean clothes? What about my lycra? Noooooooo, of course not. I'm trying my hardest to come up with a decent stock supply to take with me when I go away, and now I have to clean up the mess as well as clean the material.:mad: He can wear his (now) dirty clothes, because I'm on strike and refuse to re-wash them.

You're upset Skater because you had marked your territory with lycra, and then he marked the dining room as his territory, by using the dining room as a workshop, at a level which overode yours.

It would probably be best if you guys send each other an email or pm on somersoft, before you begin the next project.

You're upset Skater because you had marked your territory with lycra, and then he marked the dining room as his territory, by using the dining room as a workshop, at a level which overode yours.

It would probably be best if you guys send each other an email or pm on somersoft, before you begin the next project.

I Agree with this

Lol that was hilarious. But not when it happens to us !
Men or kids they can all do things without thinking first .
Women r known to think of many things at once . Haven't u seen the breakdown of what different parts of the male and female brain r used for ?

Did he think to move the clean clothes? What about my lycra? Noooooooo, of course not. QUOTE]Of course he didn't move anything Skater.....This is about the way men work isn't it? The moving of stuff would be the womans job :rolleyes:

Regards
Marty

Skater i am just wondering if he is thinking what is it with women, she had the whole bloody house to do that crap and she knew i was going to do work there, :rolleyes:

Skater i am just wondering if he is thinking what is it with women, she had the whole bloody house to do that crap and she knew i was going to do work there, :rolleyes:

No, not likely! Firstly, the only renovating he has been doing lately is the yard. We had both decided long ago that the bar was going, but I didn't for a second have the slightest that he was even thinking about it ATM.

Secondly, I have nowhere else to cut patterns. There simply is not another large flat surface that I could use. Oh, he knows this too.:rolleyes:

it's typical bloke - firstly mine was playing with the power saw at 7am this morning, so i'm sure the neighbours love us! - and then he waited until i was upside down vacuuming the inside of the car before issuing the "help me with this will you."

needless to say i told him that i was busy and he'll just have to wait until i've finished. took him by surprise as he expected (as usual) for me to drop everything and leap to his aid.

bugger that!

also, had to laugh the other night - went out for a businesswomen's function so hubby was left with junior until around 8pm. they had takeaway so did have to cook and clean up, but i was still greeted at the door with "i haven't had a chance to sit down all evening."

welcome to my world.

Hmmmm.....I'm not so sure about this French maid appointment lizzie.

You seem to have the wrong disposition. :)

darn!

er - did you get the bit where i don't get to sit down all evening between homework, folding, ironing, carting/lighting/tending fire, tidying, baking meals, more cleaning, shower, hair, warming pj's, bedtime book etc?

dazz - dazz ... ? :D

Anyway, I am busy doing stuff in the office and Hubby starts banging away. He picks this time to start demolishing the bar. There is dust and rubble everywhere. Did he think to move the clean clothes? What about my lycra? Noooooooo, of course not. I'm trying my hardest to come up with a decent stock supply to take with me when I go away, and now I have to clean up the mess as well as clean the material.:mad: He can wear his (now) dirty clothes, because I'm on strike and refuse to re-wash them.

FIGJAM. In the time it takes skater to get from the office to the lounge room I've demolished a bar :D

Back