"What is my home worth" new web site

Hi Garry

Seems like a realestate address collection service. They even vet the entry, 'are you buying or selling' what about neither :)

As per their privacy policy

Examples of the types of organisations we may wish to disclose information to for these purposes are:
  • Real Estate Agents who subscribe to the site to provide you with a Comparable Property Appraisal
Cheers

handyandy said:
Hi Garry

Seems like a realestate address collection service. They even vet the entry, 'are you buying or selling' what about neither :)

As per their privacy policy

[/LIST] Cheers

Yes I agree

I got the answer "sorry we can't give you a definite value as your property is unique" (yeah right)

xyz agency will call you in the next few days and do an onsite appraisal (pass!)

Yep, it's similar to whatpricemyhouse.com.au on the RE.com web site.

Our office subscribed to it for a short period a couple of years ago. Any person that logs on would usually give their address and phone number and then we were able to call them and offer them an appraisal or whatever.

One funny incident we had was when one of our opposition agencies logged in their details for a property they had. I recognised their email addy and emailed them back offering them our services and telling them how we were the best agency in town to do the job for them and went over the top telling them how good we are. :D

We never did get a reply. :confused:

I was never too enthuisatic about the concept myself and I think we only kept it up for a month or two.

Cheers :p

I had Success

Just wanted to say I heard Max and 99 plug What Is My Home Worth on 3AW.

I received a Median House Report on my suburb, I was not really impressed with the figure (Which comes from Australian Property Monitors) however I did receive a reply offering me a Free Home Appraisal. I took up the offer because a company called Oakhill Personal Property Advisors (Real Estate Advocates) were offering me this and not just a local agent (not happy with agents)!

They were very professional and I am happy to report they sold my home with success. The Real Estate Agents worked hard and seemed very happy to work with them on the sale of my home. I must say I did not even know there way any other way to sell real estate other than sign up with a Real Estate agent or sell by youself.

My experience with this website was great and i highly recommend it.

Apologies for the cut and paste, but I just posted a reply in another thread about the same thing.

Hermiston said:
Hi,
Try www.WhatIsMyHomeWorth.com
It will give you FREE medain House prices.etc.

Hermiston said:
I took up the offer because a company called Oakhill Personal Property Advisors (Real Estate Advocates) were offering me this and not just a local agent (not happy with agents)!

They were very professional and I am happy to report they sold my home with success.

Or, if you dont want to wade through sign up pages and give marketers all your personal contact details, including a compulsory phone number, you can get median prices and price movements from Home Price Guide

Click on the Suburb Snapshot and type in the suburb or postcode you are interested in.

Jamie.

PS. I actually just tried to use the Whatmyhomeisworth search that Hermiston mentioned above. Once youve filled in about 25 different fields, and left a phone number (compulsory field), they send you a vague report about the suburb youre interested in - exactly what you can get from Homepriceguide in 10 seconds.

Then, to get a detailed report about the suburb, you have to wait for a real estate agent from Oak Hill Properties to phone you and discuss your needs.

Hermiston, are you affiliated with Oak Hill Property? Youve made only two posts so far, and both of them are touting this particular agency.

Jamie.

Just the modern day version of 'we're doing complimentary appraisals in your area now!'...

Don't you love those fly buy posters...

Sorry to inform you but no I am just a local resident who came across a site that gave me some information regarding house prices etc. Just the same way I came across this site. (google searches)

My comment was regarding the fact that I do not like Real Estate Agents and that by visiting the what is my home worth site I was introduced to Oakhill etc.
and that I did not know that their kind of service existed.

Why is everyone so suspicious (suspicion usually comes from guilt!)- and if this is the underlying current here then perhaps my comments are not welcome!

G'day Hermiston,

Sorry to inform you but no I am just a local resident who came across a site
No need to be sorry, Hermiston - and thanks for answering the question.
As one who "googles" a lot, I'm sure you are aware of the abuse of free and open websites by those who stand to gain from so doing.

Jamie's question was one of the usual questions we ask of those who appear (making their first post) and are immediately appearing to promote a particular company or service. We get this all the time !!!! And it's not always "innocent".
Why is everyone so suspicious (suspicion usually comes from guilt!)
We call it "due diligence" (careful) - and not just accepting statements by someone we don't know. Guilt (on OUR side) doesn't come into it. Do you feel guilty when someone comes to your door and attempts to promote some service? Doesn't apply, does it? But you could tend to be a little "suspicious" of the deal, couldn't you?

But, if you WERE promoting a site (rather than just being a local resident) then an over-reaction would perhaps be expected ....

Still, that's not you - so welcome aboard, Hermiston. Hope to hear more from you.

Regards,

Thanks guys, google searches are amazing - there are so many sites offfering their services, the internet is a wonderful thing but yes you must be careful to decipher the information and do you own "due dilligence".

I remember when I was at school and there was no internet, how times have changed and the information is at your fingertips, I find it facinating that by just typing a few words into a search engine that you can unveil all sorts of interesting sites.

Back