What is the bare minimum required for subdivision?

Hey All,

Just some quick background. I am planning to subdivide my block and am toying with the idea of selling the vacant block as opposed to building on it as was originally planned.

I have DA approval for the second dwelling but have not yet begun the process of subdivision. I ideally want to do the bare minimum to allow it for sale and the purchases/builder can take care of the rest.

So I know for sure I need a surveyor, application to council and a rear fence dividing the properties but is there anything else? Do I also need to organise the connection of utilities in order to get the new title? Or is this only required for when you actually build.

I am trying to keep my costs as low as possible because if I am required to connect utilities including storm water before the new title is issued then I will likely proceed with the build myself.

Thanks in advance :)

So I know for sure I need a surveyor, application to council and a rear fence dividing the properties but is there anything else? Do I also need to organise the connection of utilities in order to get the new title? Or is this only required for when you actually build.

To sell the block of land (and settle) you will need to install all the services including the road.

I am trying to keep my costs as low as possible because if I am required to connect utilities including storm water before the new title is issued then I will likely proceed with the build myself.

...and this is why 99% of people build first as you can do all that stuff during the construction period rather than waiting for a subdivision without any income.

To sell the block of land (and settle) you will need to install all the services including the road.

...and this is why 99% of people build first as you can do all that stuff during the construction period rather than waiting for a subdivision without any income.

Hey Aaron,

So this means I will need to have storm water connected to the legal discharge point as per my stamped plans?

Reason I ask specifically about the storm water is because my property has none and the engineering requires I have pumps to get it up the hill (I am also on a slope to make things more fun) to the curb.

" Reason I ask specifically about the storm water is because my property has none and the engineering requires I have pumps to get it up the hill (I am also on a slope to make things more fun) to the curb."

$$$$$$$ :D How many meters is the slope?

Does your council allow pump system?

Hey Leo the slope is about 3m from the street. The council are the ones who demanded the pumps!
I have recived a few quotes which are all around the 13k mark.

" Hey Leo the slope is about 3m from the street. The council are the ones who demanded the pumps! I have received a few quotes which are all around the 13k mark."

Hey Albanga,

Yeah 3 meters is a fair amount of slope. Your lucky the council allow pump system mate. On my current development they didn't support pump system and I had to get an easement from my neighbour (which was council! ). Surprisingly they didn't charge for it but there was extra survey costs and some headaches involved. But yeah pump system is the way to go if you can I reckon.

Good luck mate.

Leo

" Hey Leo the slope is about 3m from the street. The council are the ones who demanded the pumps! I have received a few quotes which are all around the 13k mark."

Hey Albanga,

Yeah 3 meters is a fair amount of slope. Your lucky the council allow pump system mate. On my current development they didn't support pump system and I had to get an easement from my neighbour (which was council! ). Surprisingly they didn't charge for it but there was extra survey costs and some headaches involved. But yeah pump system is the way to go if you can I reckon.

Good luck mate.

Leo

Thanks Leo
Apart from the headaches sounds like you got lucky with the new easement from a cost perspective!
I had a thread in this about a month ago. I did everything to avoid the pump system but unfortunately no luck. Council basically said it was my only option and other developments in the street had to follow suit.

Hey Albanga,

Well it could be worse mate. I have a mate who council wouldn't allow him a pump system and his only way to get a LPoD was to get an easement from his neighbour. 4 months later of wasted time and 27k to the neighbour and he got it. :D lucky neighbour!

Back