What Is The Best Book For Beginners In Property Investment?

Hello megaletta

To become a successful property investor you will need to read hundreds of books about every kind of strategy. One book will never suit your cause because that will mean your only working with a single strategy and opinion. The more you broaden your learning you will develop your own strategy.

Open your mind to everything, every strategy and every opinion.

I think you should subscribe to all the emailed newletters... Michael Yardney publishes a good one monthly.

I can also recommend the following mentors:

• Robert Kiyosaki (my all time favourite)
  • Craig Turnbull
  • Steve McKnight
  • John Fitzgerald
  • Peter Spann

However, I will recommend the following books:

I also like the book written by Dale Beaumont "Secrets Exposed of Property Millioniares"

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R Covey

I love Anthony Robbins.

Just get in there and learn as much as you can! never stop learning or reading. I would also subscribed to "Property Investor" magazine

megaletta, I see a dozen posts about which books to read and advice on this and that. Why not go out and buy a property and see how you go? Buy a cheap on, so that even if you overpay or buy wrong it won't hurt you that much.

Read books, by all means, but if you don't actually buy anything......
Alex

This is by far the best book you will ever read.

ML320 you could call it "The Bible" on Property Investment.

More Wealth from Residential Property by Jan Somers.

Jan & her husband Ian actually provide this forum to us all free of charge.

Jan's book is a great start, it was my first property investment book and gave me the motivation to buy my first IP back in 2001. It also led me to this great forum!
There are many other books out there but Jan's book is a good start along with buying a property and getting your hands dirty.
Don't expect to get everything right on your first one!

Dan

Jan's book is a great start, it was my first property investment book and gave me the motivation to buy my first IP back in 2001.

Yeah the previous version Building Wealth through Investment Property back in 1992 was what did it for me. Went out the following year and bought my first property.

Megsaletta

As Alexlee said, you must take action, without it you achieve nothing but you also must educate yourself through seminars and books.

I have def learnt the most out of actually doing things and making mistakes. Esp with developments and negotiating.

Read as many books about investing that you can get your hands on and hang around like minded people.

We are what we repeatedly do, excellent therefore is not an act but our habits.

Jan Somers

I'm reading 'The Prince' by Machiavelli at the moment, that has some pretty good pointers for holding your property kingdom together and quelling uprisings before they become serious.

I still rate Jan's books as the best out there, 100 stories for inspiration and building wealth for a bit more detail.

100+ books? I am close to obsessed with this type of literature and haven't read that many on property investing, has anyone? You would need to branch out past the Australian authors at any rate. By the time you have finished a years worth of reading keep in mind your money has probably depreciated by a very unhealthy clip so taking some purchasing action has a certain positive bias associated with it.

LOL. I didnt not mean a hundred books literally.

What i mean is, you can never learn too much or know too much. Simple as that. You should gain knowledge from as many sources as possible and always know that everyone can teach you something.

I think it is only 2% of the population that set themselves financially free, so what is going on with the other 98%. How many of us on the forum are financially free?

Action + knowledge....

How many of us on the forum are financially free?

Great question!

I'd say its the 80/20 general rule of thumb for sure.

Out of all the forum members 20% would actually have 1 or more properties.

Out those with 1 or more properties 20% would actually build a portfolio big enough to become financially independent from it.

Looking at the SS membership this morning there is - Members: 6,324, Active Members: 1,118 (80/20 thereabouts)

eg. 1118 x 20% = 223 with 1 or more IPs.

eg 223 x 20% = 44 will make financial independence.

Peoples thoughts??

I have started a NEW THREAD so as not to hijack this one.

Yes action is important but the right action is important too.. And that is why books are great.. And seminars too.. Sometimes..

Yes Jan Somers was excellent, Kiyosaki has great philosophies yet not sure about some of his american ways of investing with real estate in Aust. I suppose Steve McNight followed them to a certain extent.

Without the correct info you could hit the jackpot with your first investment property or make a bad mistake.. The right information with massive action gives you great power & increases your chance of success.

I have read "More Wealth" by Jan for the 3rd time now - you can always get something out of it. Am currently reading "Smarter Property Investment (2nd Edition)" by Peter Cerexhe; it's OK, but haven't got far enought into it yet.

This forum is a Godsend; great remark from Marty that any book can't receive questions! :D

Jan Somers book (as stated by other forumites) for the principles of buy and hold. Explains it better than other books I have been given.
But I admit the figures are way out of date and make things seem far more doable than today's climate.

I like "Building wealth story by story" by Jan Somers.
Peps me up when I am feeling disappointed in myself for not achieving more.

Back