What is the best prize you have won

Years ago I won $10K on a radio competition with Jonesy and Amanda on 101.6fm here in Sydney- it was a "pick a box" type comp and I took the family to Club Med for 10 days on it- kids still call it the best holiday ever :D

The wife and I, 20 years ago when we were still dating, went in a keno draw with 9 of her friends while at a club in Narromine. Didn't really want to go in but egged on by everyone. A few dollars we put in. We won ten grand divided by 10. So went on a weekend away at Jenolan caves and Katoomba and had a grand time.

That was the only $2 me or her have ever spent on Keno before or since, so I reckon Keno is pretty bloody good!

See ya's.

As a university student, I won $10,000 in a sports modelling competition. All I had to do was lift weights like a maniac and eat nothing but tuna for 3 months.

The next morning I was at a friends dozing and could hear him on the phone (he got 3rd place)...

"I'll have a supreme and a ham and pineapple".

"Yeah, garlic bread sounds good. Thanks".

"Yep, sounds good too. Coke - yep, large bottle".

"Ok, sure, the chocolate cheesecake sounds good".

By this time I was thinking this was incredibly extravagant for two poor uni students.

And then he read out my credit card details.

I'm always looking for a chance to share the pic too, Ill try dig it out ;)

I won a Helga's bread pack on the local radio many years ago... wow, a dozen loaves of bread all at once! And even further ago, I won a Paddle Pop lion blow up toy that always landed on his feet. Yeah... my prizes haven't been great.

I won a ski holiday to Japan a few years ago and a Bali holiday. A bit too fat and scared to ski but had a great time, amazing place Japan. A couple of years ago I won a trip to Sydney for a movie premiere, it was fabulous. I entered a competition recently when I purchased tickets online to Cinderella, (don't ask) the prize was meant to be a trip to the Sydney premiere, all expenses. Didn't hear anything about that but got an email to say I was in the draw to win a glass slipper, how bloody handy.

$96.84 in a footy tipping comp (pick the score in a GF) at my older sisters workplace. I was just 8yrs back in 1970.
I collected and then Mum took the lot and spent it on "school clothes".:confused: I never saw a cent.

Last 10 years, have won many photographic comps around the world online. Satisfying.

But the best win is succeeding at investing and not relying on having to "win" anything.
It's something, that going back a couple decades, I thought would never happen?ever!
Best feeling not being a pauper.

I won a "Me No Fry" hat in a school raffle way back in 1994... this was the Cancer Council slogan just before the slip slop slap thing started. The school hat was blue, and this one just happened to be the same blue colour, just with the words written on front, so I wore it.

Bad idea, for 3 years I was known as the Me No Fry kid.

Back when i was living in New Zealand, i was about 18. a local car salesman offered a 10,000 prize for the person/group that could come up with the most number plate numbers that had his surround 'paul kelly motor company' on them. I did it with my brother and we were driving around in my bosses work van every night for a few hours, going to big shopping malls and different parts of the city writing down number plates. we got to about 4000. the competition ran for 2months and there were a quite a few schools and rugby clubs competing for the prize. my old man heard of a rugby club that had about the same number as us so as insurance we went to a local school who we also knew were in the competion and had about 2000 number plates - we offered to join forces with them because they could not win on there own and we would split the prize 50/50.

it was a pretty funny couple of months, we had heaps of friends and family messaging us in number plates they found with the paul kelly motor company surround. luckily my boss never found out i spent so much fuel driving around in the work van =)

we also recorded our time spent each day driving around looking for the numbers. after we split the 10000 with the school my brother and i each won 2500. we spent a little over 50 hours looking for the plates which worked out to be about 45$ an hour. which i was pretty happy with being an electrical apprentice on about 14$ an hour before tax haha.

the number plate surround had the logo on the top of them. by the end of the 2months we were able to spot the liscence plates from ages away. we wrote them down on paper and then recorded them to a spreadsheet - we probably had about 10,000 total but afterr getting rid of all the duplicates on spreadsheet it came to a total of around 4000.

Attachments

• pkmc.png
    pkmc.png
    768 bytes · Views: 48
"Me no fry"

Sounds like the punch line of a racist joke about aviation.

I won a cheap vacuum cleaner at a workplace social club raffle years ago, I purchased one $2 ticket for the entire year. Others bought tickets every single week and won nothing. Lots of bitter employees didn't like me winning something. Anyway the vacuum clearner sucked...badoomdoomcha.

I've won a jackpot in Norway I received the text only a few days ago all I have to do is pay a "consignment fee" via Western Union to a honest bloke in Nigeria to release the money. He also wants to introduce me to a widower who needs a bank account to release her funds to, I think I'm on a winner here

Definitely Brisbane lol. Jump straight on that. Don't let a golden opener unity go to waste. Western union and Nigeria is like music to my ears.

Back