What is the 'worst' suburb in your city?

Not to familiar with Perth yet, whats Gosnells reputation? there are a lot of subdivision opportunities there but have heard its similar to Armadle/Kelmscott

Gosnells has pockets of some really no-no areas. Similar to Kelmscott and Armadale you have to be really thorough with your DD. Lookout for state housing in a 1km radius.

Also, I feel that the prices are already too high for what it has to offer. Huntingdale has the occasional good deal and is a much better suburb(IMHO).

If you are looking for cheap IP's with development potential then Armadale is another option. Again, needs lot of DD.
I'd stay clear of Kelmscott - just too many state houses or areas with prices much above median.

Gosnells has pockets of some really no-no areas. Similar to Kelmscott and Armadale you have to be really thorough with your DD. Lookout for state housing in a 1km radius.

Also, I feel that the prices are already too high for what it has to offer. Huntingdale has the occasional good deal and is a much better suburb(IMHO).

If you are looking for cheap IP's with development potential then Armadale is another option. Again, needs lot of DD.
I'd stay clear of Kelmscott - just too many state houses or areas with prices much above median.

Very true ! From Maddington to Armadale its cheap but among all those cheap houses it is hard to figure out which ones are little more expensive. Those areas are tempting for development/inverstment it is easy to have 'no profit' even if you end up paying little more than you should plus the council is too slow & unreasonable sometimes.
Property can be little harder to sell in comparision to inner city if the price is not attractive.

Thanks for your contribution champ :D

There are some smart people who are quicker than me to post. After reading them I got nothing to say :p

But since you have kindly requested have to post more. Send us the quarterly stats. Cheers

Not too many contributions to a property forum but quick to take offence at any comment that seem to disparage a disadvantaged group? Get a life! Any reform to society should be based on truth, reality and facts rather than platitudes and denial.

Thanks for your contribution champ :D

There are some smart people who are quicker than me to post. After reading them I got nothing to say :p

But since you have kindly requested have to post more. Send us the quarterly stats. Cheers

For what its worth. Here are some stats on Pt Hedland and Pilbara in comparison with WA. Refer http://www.crimeprevention.wa.gov.au/uploads/profiles08/Port Hedland.pdf

Generally, Natmarie's comments on these areas are justified.

On cumulative levels of crimes per 1000 persons, these areas had more incidents in 2007-08 than WA and also on individual categories except illicit drugs, where WA had a marginally higher rate than Pt Hedland. See sections 1.2 and 1.4.

Of the offenders in Pt Hedland, 68% were indigenous and 32% non indigenous. See section 1.5. Indigenous makes up 15% of the population in Pt Hedland compared with 3% in WA. See section 2.1.

If you particularly want quarterly stats you can look up the series available in the ABS catalogue. Also, I am sure there is enough information out there to do comparisons with other outback towns.
:)

Take your pick of western or southwestern Sydney. Not so much at dinner party but if I had job applicant telling me they were from Mt. Druitt or Cabramatta, I would immediately mentally veto them.

Please grow up and stop stereotyping ALL!
I lived 4ks away from one of those suburbs for 20 years and yet worked for the corporate world in the city for the first 6 years (thank goodness the HR didn't think as you do as I would have never been hired!).
By the way now I chose to live in the Northern suburbs.....

Good stats to prove the point. And who can disagree with the figures.

There is lot more to stats. Stats can be analysed further to squeeze out lot more things which may make the original concusion look misleading.

I have studied stats at uni and I have seen hundreds of examples of misleading information when you just play with the numbers (funny thing is you cant say its a lie). Stats is a very tricky area and you can always use it for presenting the info in the way you want.

I dont disagree with you.

It took me sometime to grow up in lot of ways and be non-judgemental. Every community has something to blame on others that is how it is.

For what its worth. Here are some stats on Pt Hedland and Pilbara in comparison with WA. Refer http://www.crimeprevention.wa.gov.au/uploads/profiles08/Port Hedland.pdf

Generally, Natmarie's comments on these areas are justified.

On cumulative levels of crimes per 1000 persons, these areas had more incidents in 2007-08 than WA and also on individual categories except illicit drugs, where WA had a marginally higher rate than Pt Hedland. See sections 1.2 and 1.4.

Of the offenders in Pt Hedland, 68% were indigenous and 32% non indigenous. See section 1.5. Indigenous makes up 15% of the population in Pt Hedland compared with 3% in WA. See section 2.1.

If you particularly want quarterly stats you can look up the series available in the ABS catalogue. Also, I am sure there is enough information out there to do comparisons with other outback towns.
:)

Depends what you mean by "worst".
Have lived in western suburbs perth all my married life- love the location but with regards to the people I'd say Peppie Grove, Claremont and Dalkeith are the "worst".
Much rather the down to earth folk than some of the hoity toity up themselves egos that waltz around these suburbs!! :D

Yeh I do notice a lot of developments around gosnells it seems the market is a bit flooded with all the new units for sale

Back