What is your current asset allocation

Where do you hold your cash.......ashtray???:D

My cash level is abnormally high at the moment and a lot of it will find it's way into the sharemarket so I should have said decreasing. I usually aim for about 10% in cash.

RC

Actually in a little box beside the bed. :D

%ages can be misleading... I have about 6 months buffer.

Cash 9% Increasing rapidly as I am unlikely to acquire anything for 3-6 mths
Shares 2% Decreasing as of late
Property 89% Increasing

Still managing an LVR of about 35%-37%......so conservatively geared.

Bring on GFC mark 2!

I only ever owned 1 property which was a PPOR which my partner and I intended to later develop (was large enough for subdivision), sold that earlier this year, so yes I guess I did sell it all :D

I like the idea of investing in property and after our PPOR purchase in 2006 I did make some offers in early 2007 for a second property, but was unsuccessful and after Adelaide's 2007 boom the numbers stopped adding up.

I have the capital & income to buy multiple (if leveraged)...just waiting for those numbers to work.

Oh, for god's sake.

And this will happen.....when?

From my very limited little corner of the universe of knowledge; it has already happened and has been happening for years; despite what people keep saying, and thankfully we were dumb enough to get in when the time was wrong.

Last edited:
You're right BV..........I am woefully underleveraged :eek: as it relates to other investors, however at the moment it is the prudent thing for my situation, servicibility, and most importantly SANF. ;)

I have been ambivalent for a while to just buy more for the sake of exposing myself to another cap growth cycle (in a general sense, hence encapsulating a 10 year period) and thwarting my cash flow. At the end of the day, I have ample resi stock to still give me that pleasure.

What I need, is to enhance my CF position, whether that is by sucking out some equity to park into offset and look at CF assets or actually potentiallly harvest one (recently retrieved clear title) which is (by current valuations) manifesting a very very ordinary yield. It has had very juicy growth. :D

Those funds would then be teflonised in a trust and a CF asset (CIP or multi unit block) purchased with a more flexible income distribution and the other benefits of the familty trust.

When banks start throwing money at folks again, I will create my own bank in that trust by setting up LOC or offsets against that clear title and have more choices.

We are in interesting times folks. I've been sounding like a broken record for the past 12 months about keeping LVR's conservative (within the context of everyone's own personal situation) and, I don't see any evidence to the contrary to make me change my mind.

If I elect the offset route and don't sell just yet, my LVR will still be less than 50 % on personal portfolio. Our super fund has no debt, however I am not averse to doing a warrant lend such as you have BV for the right asset.

I trust I don't sound too bleak. I am a realist and consider we are not out of the woods by a long shot with global volatility and some local prospective events relating to our inept government still to pose obstacles.

Where there is doubt.........stay out. Uncertainty is often best used to reflect and take stock of one's own situation and make strategic moves to buffer/hedge current position and look for opportunities to unfold. There is no rush (for me, at least) to buy more right now.

very well explained post, tried to give Kudos but it looks like i have already recently done so.
well done again.

Property 173% (increasing)
Cash -76% (stable/increasing)
Shares/mgd funds 3% (stable/decreasing).

I am in a strong (property) growth phase, hence high debt levels. I have no cash but reasonable cashflow. Have been exiting the share market gradually over the last 3-4 years after below average returns this money has been moved into new property(ies).

Current LVR is high at about 75% - this will decrease in the next 12 months-18months.
I have only included my investments, I dont have a PPOR, and I dont include any of the other crap I own as an asset (cars, boats etc)

Cheers
Blacky

Property 78.5% (69% LVR)
Shares 20.5% (one company-ASX200 gold explorer/upcoming producer) (65% margin loan LVR)
Super 1%
Negligibe cash

Last edited:
Property LVR around 30%.

Enough cash on hand too not need too work for 12 months without touching + CF income.

Vehicle investments just over 200K mainly appreciating no loans.

CCard currently 5-10K debt-normally paid off monthly and used mainly to purchase air tickets for travelling or to use when travelling around.

Gross:

Cash 5% (decreasing)
Property 33% (increasing)
Shares 54% (steady)
Index Funds 4% (steady)
Super 1%
Silver 1% (increasing)

LVR 25% (increasing)

Net:

Cash -26% (decreasing)
Property 47% (increasing)
Shares 72% (steady)