What is your game?

What is your game?

• Total voters
Fluidity.

Once upon a time when rates were high and prices were low (eg 2012), buy and hold.

Today, when rates are low and prices are high (eg 2015), rebalancing portfolio.

Shouldn't all 4 poll options end in "hold", not just the buy & hold option?
Otherwise, it's not really investing is it?
We are talking about property, right?

Buy & Hold for me

Buy well located, quality and appropriately funded property

Hold during all types of markets, don't chase the big rents and keep quality tenants

Forget about it to a certain extent and let the market do its job while I get on with the important things in life for me

This approach hasn't made me a huge amount of wealth but it has built up an element of security in my life and the ability to make choices.

Best to all

Buy & Hold for me

Buy well located, quality and appropriately funded property

Hold during all types of markets, don't chase the big rents and keep quality tenants

Forget about it to a certain extent and let the market do its job while I get on with the important things in life for me

This approach hasn't made me a huge amount of wealth but it has built up an element of security in my life and the ability to make choices.

Best to all

Kudos Bunlee.

Do this multiple times as quickly as one can reasonably afford.

With compounding affect one will build wealth much greater than they ever thought possible over the long term with the least amount of risk.

I buy only potential development sites.

It just adds another cluster on buy and hold game.

right now, i am holding 5 development sites (negative/neutral or positive geared sites)

finished last development and starting next one in few weeks.

i would like to:

Buy and Hold (site that has potential development opportunities)
Develop it
Sell half n keep half.

rinse and repeat.

right now, i am holding 5 development sites (negative/neutral or positive geared sites)

i would like to:

Develop it
Sell half n keep half.

rinse and repeat.

I like this strategy.
Beats buy and hold.

i would like to:

Develop it
Sell half n keep half.

rinse and repeat.

I would like to adapt strategy myself in near future. Not so much dev site under the portfolio though as it hurts when talking to banker.

I also like properties with a twist, such as buy one large single floor dwelling 200m2+ internal floor space that I can give 60m2 to a granny flat, or a possible dual occupancy/strata title.

Fair enough!

Whatever make money!!

I started with property development so I am stuck to it.

Plus in long run, it will pay dividends.

What is your game?(for Investment property of course)

Buy and hold is my favorite strategy at the moment. The properties must be positive geared so lending isn't restricted as you acquire more properties.

I also like the strategy of buying properties at under market value so I can use the equity as a line of credit into the next property. (you need to be in the right place at the right time to find these deals).

Back