What is your net cashflow from investment properties?

What is your net cashflow from your investment properties?

• -1001+

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • -1000 to -501

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • -500 to 0

Votes: 19 17.4%
  • 0 to 500

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • 501 to 1000

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • 1001 to 2000

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • 2001 to 5000

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • 5001+

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • I prefer not to disclose

Votes: 5 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok, as Deltaberry have suggested, I am starting this thread. I know, I know, Richard should have started :D

So how much you get from ALL of your investment properties (total net cashflow) per WEEK? Please state what you get from PI only.

Net cashflow is what you get after paying interest, agent fees, rates, insurance, taxes etc. (Provision for unexpected maintenance is not included)

If you are a couple, your share only.

Last edited:
It's not really net cashflow if you aren't deducting interest... After all costs including interest I make $250-$300 per week right now.

Oh and divide that by 2 I guess... geeez

Last edited:
Someone losing $1000 a week? Can't be right, unless maybe it's got a huge land tax bill, can be over 50K for an expensive property.

Someone losing $1000 a week? Can't be right, unless maybe it's got a huge land tax bill, can be over 50K for an expensive property.

it's a total for ALL investment properties. not that $1k a week is that big a deal, particularly if it is being held for eventual development. it could also be vacant land awaiting construction, one of mine loses $1k+ a week whilst moving to the eventual finished product

sorry sorry - that was me stuffing up the poll...too quick on the trigger and didn't read the full question properly.
I thought it was per month, and I didn't divide by two for the couple :eek::eek:

For the record, it is approx -$12k for the year for the portfolio pre-tax, divided by two gives -$115pw for my share.

Nothing to see here...!!

29 votes so far.
41% getting between 1-500 per week.
And there are atleast 6 persons who earn over $100,000 per year!

It seems most people like to have things slightly CF+ after tax to maximise tax efficiency and gross asset base.

Personally, I wouldn't mind it a little more (it'll help build deposits too).

It might be good to capture what people 'have' and what people 'want'. I have 0-500, but would like 500-1000.

So over 10% of individuals would be on a net passive income of 250k+ per annum solely from property investments.
Extremely impressive if correct and more than I would have expected, but then again, there are some very high achievers here.
That would mean any couples in there would be on 500k+ passive/annum.

52 votes so far.
46% getting between 1-500 per week.
And 20% earn over $100,000 per year just from investment properties!
Indeed there are some high achievers here.

I am about to turn 25, after all expenses I am left with between $450-$500+ profit per week, but im sure that will change when I move out and buy PPOR.

Hi I need to sort out exactly what mine will be, somewhere around 150 k a year by the time I finish renovating in a few months. Thats after repayments but before tax, rates, management fees etc. 3 years ago I didn't even have my own house let alone any ip. I had a goal at 32 to quit work by my 35th birthday and got lucky with a few properties I chased otherwise I'm sure I couldn't get there so quickly. Never had any mentoring etc just reading and research.

Pessimism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2Wx230gYJw

In the other poll running right now, 20% of respondents also estimate their net worth in excess of $2.5m, the same proportion of people who estimate their annual income above $100k. A net income of $100k per year from a net worth of $2.5m represents a net yield of 4%. Looks about right to me.

If you think it's unrealistic then perhaps you need to aim higher? There are quite a lot of rich people about... and if you're a regular poster around here you have probably been applying your mind to this caper for quite awhile already.

Mind you, it's the mortgage brokers who would really know the truth of the matter among their client base from seeing their financials. I imagine they would see a very wide variety of financial situations - it would be interesting if they feel these overall numbers are approximately representative of reality or just the result of people randomly clicking buttons on a computer?

Last edited:
Personally, I think the net rental income figures look high, but it depends on where you are on your journey.
If you are leveraged, you can have very high net worth but lowish net cashflow.
For couples to be netting over 1/2 mil per annum, (260+k for individuals), just from property after all expenses, taxes, etc is an elite achievement, maybe a small fraction of one percent of the general population achieves this.
While it is over 10% in this community.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2Wx230gYJw

In the other poll running right now, 20% of respondents also estimate their net worth in excess of $2.5m, the same proportion of people who estimate their annual income above $100k. A net income of $100k per year from a net worth of $2.5m represents a net yield of 4%. Looks about right to me.

If you think it's unrealistic then perhaps you need to aim higher? There are quite a lot of rich people about... and if you're a regular poster around here you have probably been applying your mind to this caper for quite awhile already.

Mind you, it's the mortgage brokers who would really know the truth of the matter among their client base from seeing their financials. I imagine they would see a very wide variety of financial situations - it would be interesting if they feel these overall numbers are approximately representative of reality or just the result of people randomly clicking buttons on a computer?

Child says: "All the kids at school say their dad drives a ferrari and they all have playstation 4's!"

Parent responds: "I believe everything you and your friends at school have told you, we need to start aiming higher!"

...what's wrong with this picture?

Back