What is your networth per year of adulthood?

What is you NYA?

• $0 or less

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • $10k to $20k

Votes: 15 13.9%
  • $20k to $30k

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • $30k to $50k

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • $50k to $70k

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • $70k to $100k

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • $100k to $150k

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • $150k to $200k

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • $200k to $300k

• $300k to $400k

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • $400k to $500k

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $500k to $600k

• $600k to $700k

• $700k to $800k

• $800k to $900k

• $900k to $1M

• over $1M

• div/0

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • $0 to $10k (forgot about this one)

• Total voters
I am truly intrigued by this one vote of 700k-800k per year, seriously? per year every year since 18? You must have been a genius from a very early age

There would be a large number of business people in this category and property may not have played much part in wealth generation for them.

Woops, just hit the wrong option. Sorry Spludgey. I hit the one million one where I was suppose to be in the 100,000 to 150,000 bracket. Slight (major) brain freeze there.

No idea, but he's holding a portfolio around $30mil now and he's about 30.

I imagine with all the business income there's plenty of equity in that baby.

you can have 30mil porfolio, but this poll was about nett value?
there is a huge difference between owning 1% of 30mil compared to 10% of 30mil, this is the point that I was referring to earlier.

Yes, you can increase portfolio by 700k per year on average, but to nett 700k on average per year every year is a completly different story, no?

1 good year of growth for a 30 mil portfolio could increase your net by 5 mil.
That will cover 7 years of 700k/ annum increases.
Not that difficult once you get going.
Number just multiply bigger and bigger.

you can have 30mil porfolio, but this poll was about nett value?
there is a huge difference between owning 1% of 30mil compared to 10% of 30mil, this is the point that I was referring to earlier.

Yes, you can increase portfolio by 700k per year on average, but to nett 700k on average per year every year is a completly different story, no?
I remember listening to his interview last week (when the thread was started about it it was linked) and he said he was under 50% LVR.

If the above is correct, and $30mil portfolio value is correct, the vote would be legit.

Not suggesting who did or didn't vote for what, but certainly, it's feasible to grow $1mil/year or more.

And Ace is bang on.

No idea about since 18 and all that. Ill just keep it simple. Im 32 now and my net worth after selling everything and pay of all debt and CGT would probably be between 5-5.5m not including ppor.

Leo

No idea about since 18 and all that. Ill just keep it simple. Im 32 now and my net worth after selling everything and pay of all debt and CGT would probably be between 5-5.5m not including ppor.

Leo

Why wouldn't you include your PPOR?
If you owned a 3.5 mil PPOR surely that counts a big chunk toward net worth.
Good annual rate of just under 400k anyway, or over with PPOR.

Hi Ace,

I don't include ppor because if I sell it I'm homeless:D Perhaps others include it but my personal definition is not to include it. Its like having 5 IP and a six property is your ppor. Why don't you just say you have six? Because even your ppor is going up in value right? But I prefer to count net worth after you have a place to sleep. :D

I love topics like this!

I went back and looked at all the info I submitted to my MB over the past 5 years. Then I did a big Excel spreadsheet to check my details. Yes I'm a nerd.

I found that for every year of my life by NYA seems to be linear.

eg. when I was 23 my NYA was $11k (start of my PI journey - that was my half of our saved PPOR deposit) - every year after that it's gone up by about $7k consistently.

I plotted my NYA and I'm surprised at how linear it is, although there were a couple of datapoints below the trendline which fit in exactly with when I was on maternity leave!

Anyone else have interesting observations to share?

You NERD!!

Can I please have a (blank) copy of the spreadsheet? :p

Back