Votes: 18 13.5%
  • metals (gold/silver)

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Other (make sure to post what it is)

Votes: 15 11.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Evening all,

What are peoples plans in the investing scene, are people looking at purchasing more residential property within the next 6 months, 12 months or staying out of the market. Are people looking at other investment classes to purchase in the near term? Eg. Other types of property (commercial) or shares or other investment class.

Personally i am not sure at the moment, i'm surfing both resi/commercial property websites. Probably will go down to the local newsagent and get some property magazines and catch up with the latest. Sitting on Cash/equity at the moment and recently sold my shares.

You mentioned "staying out of the market" in your thread, but no poll option for it, or does that come under other?
Personally, just purchased 2 dev sites to stay busy, so no more buying for at least 12 months.

Hi
I am optimistic about economy and Perth's housing market so I bought my 5th residential property, settlement on 24th Jan 2011. After that I will take break for atleast 6 months.
Thanks.

Hi
I am optimistic about economy and Perth's housing market so I bought my 5th residential property, settlement on 24th Jan 2011. After that I will take break for atleast 6 months.
Thanks.

may i ask if they are all in the same state (WA)? If so what's your view on land tax?

I'm right now looking to buy my first PPOR, in Melbourne, which will be my 6th residential property (in 6 years, hopefully!).

And also currently looking to put a very small amount of cash and LOC funds into shares to test the waters here, using a simple and relatively passive investing strategy.

Don't quite have the scale in gross or net assets or cash flow, to move into commercial property just yet.

And I may look at business ownership in the next 12 months or so.

Aiming to reach my first penta-million in gross assets within 2 years time.

I'm right now looking to buy my first PPOR, in Melbourne, which will be my 6th residential property (in 6 years, hopefully!).

And also currently looking to put a very small amount of cash and LOC funds into shares to test the waters here, using a simple and relatively passive investing strategy.

Don't quite have the scale in gross or net assets or cash flow, to move into commercial property just yet.

And I may look at business ownership in the next 12 months or so.

Aiming to reach my first penta-million in gross assets within 2 years time.

Sorry what is Penta-Million

With 6IP's surely you are above 1mill in gross assets.

If i'm to jump back into shares it would be probably via a LIC or ETF and dollar cost average a fixed amount each month into it Eg. between 10-25k.

I'm personally thinking of buying another IP in NSW reno/add value.
But the problem is that it will increase my land tax liability from between 2.5k -3k P.A

For my buy/hold portfolio

9 x additional $200k sydney houses
3 x additional regional reno/rebuilds
8 x US properties (for kicks) which I will buy with $100,000 AUD total unencumbered and returning 50%pa (therfore $12,500 each approx)

This is my next 12 months.

Will you be going to the US to purchase? Who or how will you mangage the properties??

Yep, I am not too sure at this point.

It is only going to be a small holding of mine but.

I will probably go there for 4 - 6 weeks. I need some time to organise and get all the right info sorted for it first though.. Probably be the mid - later part of next year.

Small Cap resource companies which have the following traits:
1) Cashed up from recent cap raisings
2) Have a jorc compliant resource
3) Still upgrading there deposits with drilling right now
4) Starting production in the next 18-24 months, however must have in place off take agreements or JV partners already
5) Preference is Gold, Copper, Iron Ore

just putting two unit ip's to bed then will keep the eyes out for more.

i voted 12 months because i think hubby would be too nervous if we added sooner - but i am sure he can be influenced with the right deal :D

Awaiting contracts for IP2 this week - for settlement in January 2011 (woot!). Then take a breather ahead of a planned PPOR reno, hopefully in about 12 months but definitely within 18.

I went with "residential property in the next 12 months" as I'm building three of them and it will take that long to complete. So, in effect, I'm taking one and turning it into three so that's like buying two more...

Cheers,
Michael

Yep, I am not too sure at this point.

It is only going to be a small holding of mine but.

I will probably go there for 4 - 6 weeks. I need some time to organise and get all the right info sorted for it first though.. Probably be the mid - later part of next year.
Thanks, America looks like good value compared to Aus.

I voted for ‘resi property in next 12 months, cash, and shares in the next 6 months’

Having just purchased another buy and hold resi IP my plans to June 2011 are to sit tight, monitor interest rates / the economy / property prices, accumulate a bit more cash and continue putting a small amount (5-10k) into some speccie stocks.

In the last half of 2011 the plan is to look for another resi IP, either another B&H or a potential development site, depending on the state of the markets i'm looking in at the time. I'm currently in the process of refinancing some loans to draw out further equity, as i’m not confident the areas where my current IPs are will show much (if any) growth over the next 6-12 months, so wanting to draw out equity based on current vals.

I voted Residential property in the next 6 months. I have recently returned from a IP shopping trip in Sydney. Contracts have just exchanged and Im working towards settlement next month.

I'll keep buying shares monthly, and renovate the last unit in the block in Queanbeyan.

Other than that, focussing on paying down the last bit of my PPOR.

Other

Hedging, waiting, watching and researching
Minimise Debt, have as much cash and equity available to buy up if things turn bad. If they dont and stay strong i am happy with my exposure to the possible upside.

I am sitting on my hands at the moment....I can see some buying opportunities shortly...

At the moment, I am continue to reduce debt back down to 30% LVR...and am increasing cash in my offsets. I am also locking in interest rates as they come off at less than 7%.

Also, I am reading more about the US market....not convinced as to whether that market offers better opportunities than OZ.

Back