• Cash or fixed interest securities

Votes: 18 13.5%
  • metals (gold/silver)

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Other (make sure to post what it is)

Votes: 15 11.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can see prices already dropping on the coast and would like to buy something sub 1mil as a future PPR for when we're ready to take it easy in a few years.

Also this. But it’s closer to an end game for me, rather then what I want to do now. A nice PPOR on the beach with a private jetty/ boat dock on the NSW central coast, probably Terrigal or something... good thing it costs nothing to dream

We're currently building, fingers crossed for a finish date of May, will live in it for 6 months then sell up and (finally) move back East :D Looking to buy 2 more properties with the profit from the sale back home in late 2011/early 2012.

I know it's selfish but I hope prices stay flat for another 12 months or so ;)

Looking at Development

Having equity in our PPOR, looking at a small development west of Melbourne in the growth areas. This will be a stepping stone until we become more confident in the development field.

1. Pay off the last 10k of PPOR (to remove the monthly payment for serviceability reasons)
2. Push money into the IP1 offset account until its CF+
3. Purchase IP2 - must be close to CF+ in certain areas in Adelaide
4. Should 3. be successful look at repeating it
5. Get my son through year 12 (a different sort of investment)

Last edited:
After chatting with my bank manager last week, I'm on the lookout for an IP in suburban Brisbane with a 8% + gross return.

Wish me luck !

After chatting with my bank manager last week, I'm on the lookout for an IP in suburban Brisbane with a 8% + gross return.

Wish me luck !

Good luck lol =) i was looking @ property with B.A in brisbane burbs in the last yr, no where near those yields. You can probably manufacter those yields through reno, additional dwelling etc

Regards,

RH

Asian shares in the next 12 months. Double whammy with HKSE and forex gains I think... Residential should take a breather for 18 months for some debt reduction to occur; rents to come up and inflation to push some wages up before it's ready to move again.

After 12 months in the wilderness post marital separation, my property settlement has finally come through so I can now embark on the rebuilding exercise.

Aside from transfering existing properties to & fro, looking to make another IP purchase in next 2 months.

I for one are hoping for a prosperous 2011. Here's to keeping the dream alive.

Project 1080.

Currently looking at refinancing my 1st IP and have been on the hunt for 2nd IP, complete reno on PPOR (keep WIFE very happy) and start paying down debt on PPOR to fee up more equity and ensure I have a good buffer.

Plus LEARN and read more.

Brian

Personally, I have been trying to get another property loan through for the past year but cannot find a bank to lend me money for the time being.
So, I've almost completed a big renovation on our PPOR, I wanted to do a vacant unit I have for let but thats all I've had time for considering I'm working full time also.

My plan now is to just sit and wait it out. Wait for rents to climb and propertires to fall vacant so I can get in and do some renos to add value. But I think it will be at least another year before I will be elightable for another property loan. I have a good amount of unused equity as it stands now and I expect that to grow by around $100,000 a year conservatively long term.

I plan to be financially indipendant by means of LOE within the next couple of years. But I can't see myself just stopping working to sit at home, put it that way.

Start maximising existing portfolio with reno's/extensions as they become available between tenants.
Build both equity and rents...then go on the hunt again....

Personally, I have been trying to get another property loan through for the past year but cannot find a bank to lend me money for the time being. snip......

I have a good amount of unused equity as it stands now and I expect that to grow by around $100,000 a year conservatively long term.

Have you thought about using a CashBond structure as a way for you to get around your serviceability issues?

That is exactly what I have been doing....while waiting for the market to sort itself out.

I think 2011 is looking really good for buying....the last rate rise sorted things out. Even in places like Newcastle & Port Hedland which were going strong....I am getting call backs not like 12 months ago.

I am starting to put in low ball offers to see what bites. The Qld and SA markets are prime for this...albeit the SA market has lower vacancies. Vic and NSW are not ready yet....but give it till after Xmas.

I am also noticing that lenders are more friendlier...:D

Start maximising existing portfolio with reno's/extensions as they become available between tenants.
Build both equity and rents...then go on the hunt again....

I am looking only at the USA at the moment. I think the usa offers incredible opportunity for great cashflow and longterm growth that just can´t be matched in the Australian market at present.

Voted "other"

Looking to buy property #4 and #5 in late 2012. (feel the market will be stagnant at best currently), and likely to fall 2011/2012.

Attention currently is of "Investing" my time in building a website over the next 6mths, and monetising it for some passive income on the side in the future. (or at least to cover the hosting cost :)).

Also enjoying the volatility in the share market. Some opportunities for some day trading with some play money.

I went for 'resi property in the next 12 months'.

We will be looking to buy a two-bedroom, ground floor apartment in need of some renovations, while the market is still hesitant. I would actually have preferred to go for 'resi property in the next 6 months', but as we have just completed two renovations back to back while working full-time, I don't think I'll be able to convince my husband to get back into it that quickly!

That said, if we spot a real bargain, I think he would probably be able to be persuaded. :p

Back