• $400-$500k

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • $500k+

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • I have a mix

Votes: 10 16.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Due to salaries and strategies investors generally target the priced investment. A +ve gearer will go for cheap IPs and others will have a balance between their CG and yield that allows them to service the loan.

So what is your sweet spot?

Mine is generally the 400k-500k mark. It was $200k but these have all appreciated to the $400-500k mark and I buy properties within this range.

Your range isn't fine enough.

When we sell our current house we will be looking at almost exactly 100k, build or buy. Any cheaper (ignoring my own house which is now for rent) and they tend to be too small for us to live in or too far gone to live in. My old house is the exception at that price range as it is rather large and fully renovated.

If by some miracle I sold my old house our limit would be strictly dictated by how much money we get from the sale, but loosely $50k-70k, although I'd quite happily buy a $25k house again and spend $25-40k on it.

IMO the best positive gearing is in the north west, and they are $800k-$1.2m

or even better.. a few mill on a positive geared CP

Turn it up Ausprop. I mean, who can affod that ?? It's alright for you rich West Aussies, but what about us normal little guys ??

Show me where the good stuff is for 150K. That's what us ordinary folk can actually afford.

Last edited:
Turn it up Ausprop. I mean, who can affod that ?? It's alright for you rich West Aussies, but what about us normal little guys ??

Show me where the good stuff is for 150K. That's what us ordinary folk can actually afford.

hows the 6ft screen going:rolleyes:

Ours has mostly been pretty much the Jan Somers and Marg Lomas mantra; in the lower 3rd of price range for the area.

More renters, buyers, yield - generally.

We did own one more "up market" townhouse at one stage, but we found it was harder to find renters, and the yields were not that great. (read; lots of vacancy and lots of neg cashflow, and no guarantee on the cap growth).

Rockhampton QLD, and Mt Morgan QLD. :) Oh, and check out that top 10 list thread posted recently.

Ours has mostly been pretty much the Jan Somers and Marg Lomas mantra; in the lower 3rd of price range for the area.

More renters, buyers, yield - generally.

We did own one more "up market" townhouse at one stage, but we found it was harder to find renters, and the yields were not that great. (read; lots of vacancy and lots of neg cashflow, and no guarantee on the cap growth).

Me too BayView. If I was going to go into brand new expensive deals, I'd put it into commercial real estate due to longer lease arrangements... but I'm too lazy to do commercial at this stage. Money can be made easy enough in low end res.

Back