What my son wishes for...

17860.jpg

DC, I hope this isn't the dummy fairy your son wants a cuddle from :confused:.

Has she seen the movie "Coraline"? Not recommended for a 4yo by the way!

No , she is nearly 14 now. You should hear some of the stuff she told her year 1 teacher. It was very embarassing, especially the one about how daddy had left us! (daddy is still here). teacher ended up agreeing to not believe anything kid said about us and we wouldn't believe anthing kid said about her! lol

Ugh Weg that was just wrong! :eek:

No I think my son's idea of the Dummy Fairy is more like a cuddly version of Tinkerbell. :)

I must say I'm loving the way these topics bring out a soft side to the guys (and girls, but mainly the guys) that seem all hard and fast with property investing and serious stuff. One minute they are discussing shares and the pros and cons of commercial property then they pop in the Coffee Lounge with a cute story about their "Mini Me".

Thanks for the kudos too, you big softies, you know who you are ;)

No , she is nearly 14 now. You should hear some of the stuff she told her year 1 teacher. It was very embarassing, especially the one about how daddy had left us! (daddy is still here). teacher ended up agreeing to not believe anything kid said about us and we wouldn't believe anthing kid said about her! lol

I put that on my handout to parents at the beginning of the year.
I promise to only believe half of what your child says about home if you promise to believe half of what they say about school.

A few years ago a (crazy) parent went around telling parents I threw the kids lunches in the bin if they took to long. It seems that her son always wanted snacks when he got home. When asked why he didn't eat his lunch he told her I throw it in the bin.

The other day I stood up and my back hurt (work hazard when you work with 5yr olds). One of the boys in my class said my mum can fix your back. I asked what his mum did for work. He said "She's a chirocractor" He's SSOOO cute.

My son (21) still loves cuddles. Boys are great.

A few years ago a (crazy) parent went around telling parents I threw the kids lunches in the bin if they took to long. It seems that her son always wanted snacks when he got home. When asked why he didn't eat his lunch he told her I throw it in the bin.
At her old school, mine was throwing her lunch in the bin every day on the way to school, telling the teachers mum didn't make her lunch, and the teachers got all sympathetic and bought her a new lunch every day :mad: Not an unusual situation in a low socioeconomic town where some parents prefer drugs over food and the kids go hungry.

Noone told me, of course. I found out by accident. The teachers - one in particular - were constantly giving the kids stuff. It simply doesn't happen in the new school. Almost two years on she's still whining on about how good the old school was compared to the new one. Well duh, if you're the brightest student in a class of 6, you get more attention than in a class of 30, even if you're still the brightest. Of course, the margin by which she surpassed the next student down was a lot lot LOT smaller at the new school ...

Have to add ... when she started at the new school and promptly shot to the top of the class (students from the old school NEVER do that, they're more likely to bring knives to school and be general disruptive prats) the previous top was a very sweet little boy, from a farming family with a very sweet mother. She promptly 'fell in love with' this boy and he was her boyfriend. It didn't last very long, she had a back up club of fanboys who thought she was beautiful, and she ended up dating a relative badboy who lives in the town not on a farm and whose parents are rather *cough* large and drive a hotted up red car with pinstripes and a mildly offensive personalised numberplate. Classy.

Since she's got a fanclub, a collection of exes, a serious interest in 'dicks' and a very healthy ego at 9, I think I do need to keep her locked up the nanosecond she hits puberty.

The very sweet little ex still pounces on me and hugs me when I come into the school to pick up The Child. He's cute. She basically broke up with him because he's too emotional and tells her he loves her too much. I hope she changes her mind :)

At her old school, mine was throwing her lunch in the bin every day on the way to school, telling the teachers mum didn't make her lunch, and the teachers got all sympathetic and bought her a new lunch every day :mad: Not an unusual situation in a low socioeconomic town where some parents prefer drugs over food and the kids go hungry.

Noone told me, of course. I found out by accident. The teachers - one in particular - were constantly giving the kids stuff. It simply doesn't happen in the new school. Almost two years on she's still whining on about how good the old school was compared to the new one. Well duh, if you're the brightest student in a class of 6, you get more attention than in a class of 30, even if you're still the brightest. Of course, the margin by which she surpassed the next student down was a lot lot LOT smaller at the new school ...

Haha. Your daughter sounds like a real handful. I used to bring spare lunch to school but when I asked one kid where her lunch was she said mum said you'll give me one. I had given her lunch before when she had none. I rang mum to inform her I was not providing lunch and I was instructed to inform welfare if the child was neglected. I worked in MT Druitt for a while. Very sad what a lot of kids live with.

Parents would die if they knew what happens to the food they make. There's yr3 class opposite mine. They go to a different area top eat their lunch. As they walk past at least 3 kids everyday just throw their whole lunch in the bin. I try to get the kids to take home what they don't eat. It works for a little while. But mum only has to say once "why didn't you eat your lunch" and from then on it's in the bin. Because I teach 5yr olds I watch them to make sure they at least eat a majority of it.

I used to bring spare lunch to school but when I asked one kid where her lunch was she said mum said you'll give me one.
That does sound about right. But the parents can afford lunch, they just choose not to.

The 'family' next door to my old house had a few kids floating through it, one of whom The Child latched onto. They were quite neglected so this one was happy to hang off every word The Child said and put up with her telling her what to do for hours on end and generally treating her like dirt. There's a rumour they might be coming back from Perth (again, this is 2 years on) so I hear non-stop talk about how TK is the best friend she's EVER had despite TK effectively being a complete doormat and really not the best choice of 'friend'. She ranks her friends, with TK at #1 and everyone else below that and has absolutely no idea how upsetting that is to her current friends.

Anyway, these kids next door apparently had a $50 a week junk food budget. We have a $0 a week junk food budget, which makes me the world's worst mother if you live next door to the $50 budget. The eldest girl of these kids was INCREDIBLY fat (cheeks so fat her eyes were squeezed to slits) and TK was well on her way to plumping up too. They just got let loose to buy their own food. Ne'er a vegetable did cross their threshold.

I supposed this is the reason we all got subjected to that horrendous healthy eating subject that didn't teach them anything useful but I am still cursing to this day.

What's wrong with it? It's just a chick at a dance party.

we were having lunch in Racecourse Rd yesterday, and 9/10 chicks walking by were dressed like that (though many shouldn't have been). Apparently there was some future music festival at eagle farm race course. Ascot didn't know what hit it.

we were having lunch in Racecourse Rd yesterday, and 9/10 chicks walking by were dressed like that (though many shouldn't have been). Apparently there was some future music festival at eagle farm race course. Ascot didn't know what hit it.

S.o.B I missed it.... last year's was awesome made even more awesome by the rain... This year's would have been even muddier I'm guessing!

Back