What my son wishes for...

So I asked my darling 3yr old son this question about 2 months ago,
"What is something you REALLY would like the Dummy Fairy to bring you?"

Answer, after much quiet thought, was,

"A cuddle."

:)

Then this morning in Coles he was gaping at the Easter Eggs, so I say "Gee there are lots of them, I'm sure the Easter Bunny will give you one or two and maybe a special gift..."

He smiles and says, "Maybe she'll give me a cuddle!"

:):):)

Simple, innocent and sweet. It's not like he's missing out on cuddles, either! However, now the problem remains... how do I organise cuddles from the elusive Dummy Fairy and Easter Bunny???

P.S. Funny thing, while I was typing that I had to stop halfway as he had put a whole roll of toilet paper piece by piece into the toilet bowl and was proudly showing me his new toy (the empty roll). Luckily he hadn't tried to flush.

What is a Dummy Fairy?

It's a new one to me too. :confused:

Presuming it is for when you take the dummy away and then you get something in exchange. I didn't have a dummy for the first, and just told the second that she was a "big girl" and big girls don't have dummies. No problem!

Sorry, should have explained... Yes the Dummy Fairy is the kind creature that takes his dummy away and leaves something better and more "grown up" for him.

Look I don't want to get into a big thing about it but yes, he still has the dummy (at night only). If he dosen't, he sucks on the bedding so just taking it away dosen't work. It was a very useful tool and gave him a lot of decent sleep so I really don't care about it too much but I thought he might like to have an option.

The point was that he just wants a cuddle. I thought it was cute. :eek:

Y-man you made me laugh. :D

Sorry, should have explained... Yes the Dummy Fairy is the kind creature that takes his dummy away and leaves something better and more "grown up" for him.

Look I don't want to get into a big thing about it but yes, he still has the dummy (at night only). If he dosen't, he sucks on the bedding so just taking it away dosen't work. It was a very useful tool and gave him a lot of decent sleep so I really don't care about it too much but I thought he might like to have an option.

The point was that he just wants a cuddle. I thought it was cute. :eek:

Y-man you made me laugh. :D

LOL:eek:
My son used to climb into our bed and suck the sleeve of my tshirt....gross!
Hubby's solution: cut my tshirt into portions and then dole it out piece by piece. as each piece got too revolting we would throw it out and when it came to the last piece we just said "oh well it's all gone now" end of story.
sheesh, the stuff you do for kids hey?
I think wanting a cuddle is sweet. hang on to these times as before you know it he will be a teenager and think you're a moron...and don't even think about cuddles...what if someone sees him!!!!:rolleyes:

However, now the problem remains... how do I organise cuddles from the elusive Dummy Fairy and Easter Bunny???
Hi CD.

Perhaps (on the appropriate mornings), just point out how crumpled his pj's are and suggest that Dummy Fairy/Easter Bunny must have cuddled him while he was sleeping.

Regards
Marty

Nice Marty, I like that.
I think the cuddle thing is sweet - and you should enjoy it before he ups the ante. My 5 year old wants Star Wars Lego for learning to ride a bike:rolleyes:
(and his father said yes:rolleyes::rolleyes:)

P.S. Funny thing, while I was typing that I had to stop halfway as he had put a whole roll of toilet paper piece by piece into the toilet bowl and was proudly showing me his new toy (the empty roll). Luckily he hadn't tried to flush.
The toddler's chair has a toilet roll on the top of each of the two .. uh ... decorative things that stick up at the top of the chair. She stole them out of the bathroom bin.

Her wish list usually only extends to chocolate milk, pickles and peanut butter sandwiches. Snuggles are extracted from us whether we want them or not - they usually come flying from above, which is a bit painful considering I'm 5 months pregnant. Always scarey to have a big mop of curls come unexpectedly flying at you from the back of the couch yelling "SNUGGLE!"

(and his father said yes:rolleyes::rolleyes:)

haha ... when junior was two she asked her dad if she could have the horse toy she saw on tv. he (having no idea what horse toy she was talking about) said "yes, if she slept thru the night for 5 nights in a row."

she kept checking with him over the next 5 'sleep thru' nights that she would get the toy horse - and he kept saying yes.

it was only after the deal had been done that i learnt about it - and dad was told, by and agast mum, that the toy horse he had promised was a lifesize, battery operated $500 horse!

he thought it was some little figurine ... but she had upheld her side of the bargin and dad had to come thru with his.

LOL, I love the horse story... clever little lady.

Dad's a big softies aren't they?? My husband gets quite cranky with my son at times but the other day I found him sneaking into his room with the bag of marshmallows!

"my little fella is a monster and an angel in nearly the same heartbeat" - Blue Card this is so true.

Sometimes we are ready to throttle him for the wingy wingy winge winging he does then he comes out with something so cute I gasp
ie. mumbling to himself as he goes past the cat who's licking herself: "Hmm 'spose cat's cleaning her fluff, make pom poms"
And this is just his observation, not said neccessarily for me to hear, but i do and I love love love it :)

One word....priceless!

My sister had a different approach to the dummy "situation."

When it was time for Annie (my niece) to give up her dummy, she said..."They are short on dummies for babies, so it's time to give yours to a new baby who needs it more than you." I think they ACTUALLY took the dummy to the hospital and Annie gave it to one of the nurses. [brings tear to eye]

We were worried ours wouldn't be separated from her dummy as she absolutely critically NEEEEEEEEDED it to sleep but she just sort of stopped using it before she was 1.

And she is still a truly awful sleeper. Without the dummy she can really holler the house down when she doesn't want to be in bed (ie, every time you put her in bed). And she wakes up if you drop a pin near her too. Just like her dad, really :mad:

I'm praying the next one takes after anyone other than him in the sleeping stakes. She kept us in a sleep deprived haze for so long. We accidentally bought a house during that sleep dep haze. Oops.

I thought my boy was good at being cute to get out of trouble when he was 2, but he's 3 now, and professional at it.

The other night he was playing with his food a bit, so I tell him:
"Eat the food in your plate properly"
He tells me with a serious face:
"It's not a plate, it's a bowl"
Half of me wants to tell him not to get smart, the other half wants to laugh, and i'm stuck looking like this: :confused:
He then leans forward, and very kindly informs me:
"You made a mistake."
He's cracked me up at this stage, and he starts mocking me, with a frown on his face, and in a deep & booming voice:
"Eat your food properly!"
he continues
"I'm going to take all of your toys!"
now i'm not laughing any more, and i'm about to get up, and I tell him I will take his toys, but then he says:
"No, no, no, i'm eating"
Put's a piece of lamb in his mouth, and chews with a big grin.

OMG! Vincenzo, what will he be like when he is older????
Good luck!
We knew we were in trouble with the youngest when at 4 this happened:
miss4 "can I have .....(can't remember what the heck it was now)"
me: "no"
miss4: "well then, I am going to live with my other mother, because she will let me have whatever I want. But if she beats me I'll come back"
me: "ok then, see you later"
miss4 walks down hall...banging and yelling comes from her room....
walks back:"they beat me so I came back to you"

Hubby and I look at each other:"we are in serious trouble":eek:

and it has only got worse from then, and we aren't her only victims..lol

last year (turned 13) she decided to wear a key on a string around her neck. School only allows religious jewellery. She convinced some poor teacher that she belongs to the "keyist" religion and that she is required to wear it at all times so that she will remember the fundamental truths of her religion that will unlock her future faith ( her words).

She considers it a sport to mess with peoples heads.:rolleyes:

Teddy fairy!

Our 1.5 year old has a favourite teddy, best time to take it from him for a much needed wash is when he is sleeping, otherwise watch out!

When in the washing machine son pulls up a little step and points at teddy going round and round and says 'dare!' (there) over and over.

Have searched the globe for a replacement teddy to share the burden and wear and tear, identical replacement duly found in London.. shipped and delivered over half the world to sons cot. Only problem is it's not the one, so we find replacement ted being thrown away, placed in the garbage bin etc :)

Not even trying to replace dummies yet! All good fun :)

My little miss, aged 5 at the time I think, was most displeased with me.
(I think I had done something terrible like not allowing her to eat a second bikkie).

"Mummy, when I grow up, I'm going to find a boy that you don't like
and I'm going to marry him!"

:eek:

Back