What needs to be connected when subdividing and selling vacant land?

Hey Developers,

I had a question regarding a subdivision.
I have DA approval for a second dwelling to the rear of mine and want to subdivide and sell the vacant block.

For those who have experience what is the bare minimum I would be required to do to get this through?
Do I need to arrange the water, electricity, storm water.etc ran into the actual vacant block? Or can you somehow get the subdivision without this?

I am obviously trying to minimise my time and ofcourse cost and do the bare minimum required to get the title and sell the land.

The storm water is my biggest concern because I have had to have a pump system engineered (no storm water) and I want to avoid having to pay for its installation (rough quotes have been 13k). I have heard something about a section 173 which may mean I can avoid this? But the others maybe not?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

The permit's wording is your guide. Does it allow sub-division independent of the development? Or are they both required in order to obtain certification/final sign-off?

The Council/water company may require a section 173 agreement in order to allow subdivision separately from the build. This will ensure the build is done according to the permit and approved plans.

Good luck! :)

Back