what no threads on our new PM yet?

She's a ranga! No one likes ranga's except ranga's or daywalkers as they are affectionately known.

P.S. I actually like ranga's, but don't tell anyone, especially my ranga mates.

I've met Julia Gillard a couple of times, she seems like a really nice lady. Not that I know her or first impressions mean anything :confused:

And I have to say, I like your style of avatar twobobsworth :D Is it a self portrait like mine?

I've met Julia Gillard a couple of times, she seems like a really nice lady. Not that I know her or first impressions mean anything :confused:

And I have to say, I like your style of avatar twobobsworth :D Is it a self portrait like mine?

Did you sell the Ferrari? :D

A South Australian in the top job...if she's anything like the pollies in her home state it will be all talk and no action :eek:

I'm not so sure. I was friends with her at uni for many years. She's one very determined, tough and intelligent woman.
Even back then it was very clear that she had serious political ambitions. We used to joke that she'd be running the country one day. We weren't laughing when we said it, either.
It was just a matter of time ...

It's great that Julia will be the PM.

Am willing to give her a go & see what comes of it.

I think it's a huge step for young women to actually see this happen & know it's possible.

It's still a mans' world in many ways. The boys' club does exist in workplaces as does the ol' boys network.....ouch....highly contentious statement...waiting for the b*llocking to come my way :D

I'm not so sure. I was friends with her at uni for many years. She's one very determined, tough and intelligent woman.
Even back then it was very clear that she had serious political ambitions. We used to joke that she'd be running the country one day. We weren't laughing when we said it, either.
It was just a matter of time ...

Being from SA too I know people who know her and they all say the same as you.

I'm looking forward to her reign. :)

Being from SA too I know people who know her and they all say the same as you.

I'm looking forward to her reign. :)

Adelaide is a small place.

I knew her father from my old workplace many moons ago. He was a well respected 'gentleman' and known for never taking a sickie :cool:.

i hate the woman.
Such a waste for her to be the 1st woman PM.....

.... seems like the national Labor party is starting to reak like the NSW labor party.