What paid resources do you use?

Residex, RP data, etc - anything that generates desktop valuations is helpful. Your finance person should be able to provide.

none...im too frugal ..even though some of those things could potentially save or make me thousands

(not being sarcastic)

Does pricefinder allow you to do more specific searches when looking for properties ie renovation potential, development site etc?

How much is it a month to subscribe?

How does this compare to the "Realestate Investar" Search tool?

Price finder for three months

Came free with a annual sub for API magazine .

I also had a trial of investar for around 21 days . You had to sign up to get it , but could cancel in those first 21 for no fee .

Price finder has longer historical data .

The thing I really liked about investar was the search engine and the criteria use can use to filter searches . I found it very useful when searching a new area .

We currently know exactly we what we want so don't need to use it .

We're using price finder at the moment on a regular basis as our search area is several suburbs , so when we find something of interest we can look at comparables .

I notice Sqm have increased the range of their available free data to include historical sales figures . I haven't checked it out as I'm happy with price finder at the moment , but when the three month trial runs out , I'll be looking to see if it gives me what I want.

Cliff

I use Investar.

Don't use the property search engine much these days but did when I first started. It's good to get to know an area but once you know the area don't really need it.

Now I use mostly the valuation tool. All the information you can get from free websites but it just summarises it for you.

Cheers,
Michael

I use Investar.

Don't use the property search engine much these days but did when I first started. It's good to get to know an area but once you know the area don't really need it.

Now I use mostly the valuation tool. All the information you can get from free websites but it just summarises it for you.

Cheers,
Michael

Hi Michael - How do you rate it compared to Pricefinder?

I use Investar.

Cheers,
Michael

This is pretty much what I thought of Investar, the property search tool is also just using word criteria when searching; if you were cheap you just need to work out the free sites :D

I've used pricefinder for WA, Qld & NSW.

Victoria doesnt show the vendor names as it does in the above states.

Back