What PDF reader do you use?

I bought a new laptop and noticed Adobe Acrobat was pre installed and is 650MB in size which seems excessive for a PDF reader. Someone recommended Sumatra PDF (4.5MB) or Foxit Reader (8MB) as alternatives. Can anyone recommend a good PDF reader.. a PDF recommendation for a PDF writer/creator would also be good, thanks.

I bought a new laptop and noticed Adobe Acrobat was pre installed and is 650MB in size which seems excessive for a PDF reader. Someone recommended Sumatra PDF (4.5MB) or Foxit Reader (8MB) as alternatives. Can anyone recommend a good PDF reader.. a PDF recommendation for a PDF writer/creator would also be good, thanks.

PDF writer --> PrimoPDF

I am happy just to use the adobe reader as size is no really an issue but mines about 100mb for v10 so I would say yours is some packaged version with some inbuilt "bloatware". Just uninstall and go again with the basic version.

foxit is great for the most part, if you use a lot of PDFs, then I'd keep Adobe for a compatibility point of view.

I use fox it at home, because I generally only use basic PDFs.

at work we trialed Foxit and found too many issues due to the range of PDFs we use. You would think it would be standard, but the reality is, just like "Oils aint Oils", "PDFs aint PDFs".

try foxit, if you have issues, put adobe back on?

foxit is great for the most part, if you use a lot of PDFs, then I'd keep Adobe for a compatibility point of view.

I use fox it at home, because I generally only use basic PDFs.

at work we trialed Foxit and found too many issues due to the range of PDFs we use. You would think it would be standard, but the reality is, just like "Oils aint Oils", "PDFs aint PDFs".

try foxit, if you have issues, put adobe back on?

Thanks for the replys, i'll give Foxit and Amyuni a go but didn't know that all PDF's are different.. i thought they'd be all the same like a .doc or .docx file. I'll do as you suggested eXc and put Adobe back if i have any issues.

Back