What percentage of your income is from investments?

What percentage of your (gross) income comes from investments?

• 0-5%

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • 5-10%

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • 10-15%

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • 15-20%

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • 20-25%

Votes: 10 10.4%
  • 25-30%

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 30-35%

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • 35-40%

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • 40-45%

• 45-50%

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • 50-55%

• 55-60%

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • 65-70%

• 70-75%

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • 75-80%

• 80-85%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 85-90%

• 90-95%

• 95-100%

Votes: 19 19.8%

• Total voters
That's certainly a different investment attitude. I've never given any thought to having a "better salaried role". I'm 100% and as my wife pointed out it's like having a doctor (salary) in the house without the 10 years of training!

I'd rather the $500k passive, got to say though some of my investments are more active.
Curious to know how you were able to obtain $500k passive income over the years in your portfolio without decent wage? I mean part of the equation to obtain finance is having income that is higher when the lender calculates your existing liabilities + proposed liability....

Put yourself in a young adult's position. Not all of us were born with a silver spoon, so how would we have the fat deposit to cover majority of the purchase price and take out a smaller than average loan... For us, we have to take out a larger loan, and with a larger loan means better salary in order to service that said loan...

Curious to know how you were able to obtain $500k passive income over the years in your portfolio without decent wage? I mean part of the equation to obtain finance is having income that is higher when the lender calculates your existing liabilities + proposed liability....

Put yourself in a young adult's position. Not all of us were born with a silver spoon, so how would we have the fat deposit to cover majority of the purchase price and take out a smaller than average loan... For us, we have to take out a larger loan, and with a larger loan means better salary in order to service that said loan...

I agree with you r3ckless. I can't say i was born with a silver spoon, maybe a bronze? As I was given a fully paid off property around the 750k mark in 09' I'm sorry but I really don't have the experience and resource to answer your questions.:(

I agree with you r3ckless. I can't say i was born with a silver spoon, maybe a bronze? As I was given a fully paid off property around the 750k mark in 09' I'm sorry but I really don't have the experience and resource to answer your questions.:(

You were given $750k... mate, that's a gold spoon haha.

You were given $750k... mate, that's a gold spoon haha.

Demoivre was too busy checking his bank balance, he mistook that gold spoon for bronze ;p

Very lucky that you got $750k of property/security. What are your plans with it?

I was given a cracked plastic spoon :)
gee you got it good. Im still on two chop sticks!
Chopsticks?!
LUXURY!
As a wee lad, I was given the hair from a bee's knee and had to move 3 tons of gravel by 5am in the morning or I was murdered to death!

Lol:D

Just read thru the posts and realised I am 25% not 0-5%. I read it as how much income not gross income. Since I am negatively geared I dont really have any income from properties and my teeny tiny share portfolio generates a minimal amount of dividends. cheers, nat

We are at 37% at the moment but have a property settling before Christmas so it will be up to 44% when that happens.

But that is gross so not really a good indicator of what is actually funding our lifestyle/living.

Back