what should i offer... kinda urgent please

Hey everyone

I've seen a townhouse that I like, selling price $605K. I searched for comparable properties, and turns out the property next door in the same complex ( and roughly same size, same number of bedrooms, bathrooms, garage) recently sold for $545K.

Estate agent tells me that the property that sold for $545K was subject to a Defense Housing Lease with about 5-6 years to go, and that's why it was priced cheaper. I searched on the net and I did see an ad confirming that that townhouse was a defense housing property. Didn't say how long the lease left on it was.

Q: what should I offer for the property I am looking at? Is the value comparable to the one that sold next door? Agent says no- the defense housing property would be worth less because it was subject to a lease with stricter terms/lower rent/higher maintenance fees compared with a property that would sell without this type of lease.

hi kaza

Welcome

The first thing i reckon, might be to get a residex or rp report on the property

post the addy here and someone will be able to rustle up a report for you.

Secondly, A dha Lease can actually be a PLUS, not a neg..............so the agent may not be on the money

ta
rolf

hi kaza

Welcome

The first thing i reckon, might be to get a residex or rp report on the property

post the addy here and someone will be able to rustle up a report for you.

Secondly, A dha Lease can actually be a PLUS, not a neg..............so the agent may not be on the money

ta
rolf

Thanks for the welcome Rolf.
Can I send a private message to anyone who can send me a report. I am worried if I post the address another interested party might see this post and beat me on making an offer!. There were quite afew at the inspection... and offers have already been made (according to agent).

That's interesting about DHA. Not sure if what agent was telling me is reliable.

should add that another property of the same size sold in the complex 2 years ago (without a DHA lease) for $600K. If that means anything?

Last edited:
must be a nice deal : )

pm me the addy and ur email and if the property is available to residex nationally u will have the report tonite

t
arolf

From my experience properties in the suburbs that I follow with a Defence Housing lease attached of more than 18 months remaining always sell for quite a bit less than without a lease.

Back