What suburb to buy into in Perth for under 400k

Hey guys,

Looking at buying another house for an investment. I don't want a unit. I want to spend under 400k. Have been looking at wattle grove, redclift. Your thoughts. I don't know Perth well. Cheers guys

my sister lives in wattle grove and finds it hand for access to the airport...I believe there are some changes happening to the flight path for the airport but not sure how that will effect investment property

neighbours sold 2 IPs there last year and had to take a lot less than they wanted (mid 300s I think)

its not an area I am very familiar with apart from the above

You'd struggle to get a house under 400k in Perth in a desirable suburb.

How do you feel about duplexes or villas?

Another option: House and land packages could be had for under that if you feel like building. They're generally in further away suburbs though.

I have found a few kicking around! Nah don't like the idea of town houses etc. I don't mind buying just out of Perth 15-20km out. Just not sure what suburb :-( even mandruh or bunbury. Mmm

my sister lives in wattle grove and finds it hand for access to the airport...I believe there are some changes happening to the flight path for the airport but not sure how that will effect investment property

neighbours sold 2 IPs there last year and had to take a lot less than they wanted (mid 300s I think)

its not an area I am very familiar with apart from the above
Mmmmm. Cheers for the info. Might have to take a drive from kal to Perth to suss these areas.

I reckon there's some pretty good stuff in Perth for under $400k south of the river (which is what I'm more familiar with).

Depending on what you're after, I'd be looking closer at South Lake, Thornlie, Kelmscott, Rockingham, and parts of Armadale.

A lot of those above mentioned areas still have a high supply. This will hamper growth for a few years to come.

In the sub $400k range for a house, you might pick up something in Craigie or Beldon. I would be looking there for something you can add value to, but South Joondalup is booming at the moment and many properties are selling at first home open.

We have had to establish good networks with agents so that we can access listings before they are advertised or silent properties.

Was thinking midland, But was told its abit ruff? Every time I have been there thought it was fine. Armadale was high on my list.

try here

I have recently purchased a investment in armadale, but all depends on what your long term goal is, mine is development in mind

though it will be another 6 months to a year to get my funds up again to purchase another another area that i would try buy something tomorrow is Koondoola just near Mirrabooka, still very cheap well under 400k and also has some good zoning for development

i was under the impression the koondola rezoning was still a couple of years away, has it come through?

i dont have any experience in the suburb so i could be wrong

South of River under $400K

I live in Willetton, South of river, Perth. I am interested in following suburbs
Parkwood, Lynwood, Lanford and Thornlie. All Under $400K, in good condition as well.
Parkwood $395K, 3X1, 700m2 Dec 2010, close to school and bus stop, Rent $380
Lynwood $285K, 3X1, @500m2, Dec 2011, close to shopping centre, school, bus stop, Rent $360
Langford $300K, 3X1, 800m2 settlement on 15th June 2012, close to bus stop and school.
Thornlie $348K, 4X2, 550m2 Dec 2011, close to train station, Rent $400
Langford $290K, 3X1, 687m2 June 2010 , near school and bus stop, Rent $360
There are still many properties for sale in Parkwood, Lynwood, Ferndale, Thornlie and Langford under $400K.

Thanks.

Prob going head with Murdoch. Thoughts

It's a long way from Wattle Grove, Redcliffe, or Midland areas you were previously looking at :confused:

What's attracting you to the areas listed and now Murdoch?

Price, Infrastructure, Yield, Location, Higher use etc?

Back