What time do you wake up? How successful are you?

Thought I would post this here rather than the coffee lounge since it is a bit about psychology. What time do you wake up and how successful are you (measured in portfolio size $)?

Maybe include whether this is a choice, or if work forces you to or what time you did prior to 'retirement'.

Tbh, I'm not expecting any pattern where earlier = bigger portfolio, but how interesting it would be if there was one!

Don't have to disclose personal figures if you don't want, just say 'very successful' or 'very much on my way,' for example. Thanks. :)

1. wake up whenever i feel like it. some days 5am, other days 8am and other days 10am
2. retired age 38. operate business as sole practitioner now and take on enough work to suit my lifestyle and keep the brain active.
3. portfolio size - enough so I dont need to work anymore but gives me the choice to.

1. wake up whenever i feel like it. some days 5am, other days 8am and other days 10am
2. retired age 38. operate business as sole practitioner now and take on enough work to suit my lifestyle and keep the brain active.
3. portfolio size - enough so I dont need to work anymore but gives me the choice to.

When did you go out on your own?

Normally I sleep from 3am to 10am (sleep/wake whenever I feel like it). Have had success in the past, but taking a break from it at the moment. My gut feeling is that I sleep too much at the moment and I should be cutting down further in order to get back in the game faster. (So I can hurry up and start my own 'Mona Vale' thread :D)

depends.

lately i just can't put the hours in - bed at 9:30, up at 6:30.

a bit burnt out from my bed at 2:30am, up at 7am routine for the past 24 months.

I often get up at 5:30 to exercise. It makes my day much more productive.

If I'm not exercising, I get up at about 7:00 with the same results for the days activities.

My property portfolio has nothing to do with my sleeping habits.

I often get up at 5:30 to exercise. It makes my day much more productive.

If I'm not exercising, I get up at about 7:00 with the same results for the days activities.

My property portfolio has nothing to do with my sleeping habits.

Let's not forget because you are a broker you get effectively a better interest rate than any other person can get for yourself

Let's not forget because you are a broker you get effectively a better interest rate than any other person can get for yourself

This has nothing to do with my sleeping or exercise habits???

I also don't mix my business and my investments, so I pay the same interest rates as everyone else and get the same tax deductions. The bank makes the same profit margin so I'm not really getting a cheaper rate.

Brokers receive payment for the loans they've originated including loans over properties they own. They also pay taxes on this income and do the work to get it approved.

You could compare this to a shop assistant's staff discount, but it's not. A shop assitant gets to buy their goods cheaper. A broker buys the goods at the same price, then gets paid and pays tax on the income. There's no discount involved.

This has nothing to do with my sleeping or exercise habits???

I also don't mix my business and my investments, so I pay the same interest rates as everyone else and get the same tax deductions. The bank makes the same profit margin so I'm not really getting a cheaper rate.

Brokers receive payment for the loans they've originated including loans over properties they own. They also pay taxes on this income and do the work to get it approved.

You could compare this to a shop assistant's staff discount, but it's not. A shop assitant gets to buy their goods cheaper. A broker buys the goods at the same price, then gets paid and pays tax on the income. There's no discount involved.

All I'm saying is that you sleep easier! lol

I'm not saying it's a bad thing anyway - it's good for you...

Fair point, I do enjoy the circumstances of my income although it did take a lot of hard work and sleepless nights to get my business to where it is today :)

I wish I could say that I sleep really well, but I don't. I'm a light sleeper and my wife claims half the bed - the middle half.

Get up real late - about 2pm.

Go to bed real early - about 7pm.

Just about have the deposit together for my first 1 bed unit.

....I'm exhausted just typing this.

Sometimes things need to be done, otherwise which is about 70% of the time, wheneva.
As for portfolio, I could be on the dole for all you know.

Wake up around 5 -5:30am so I can run or ride to work. Don't talk to me until I've had my endorphin fix for the day.

portfolio wise getting there, own small business wise could retire on it, like the advantages of where I have a JOB for the next two years though to further grow the portfolio. :)

Get up at 10 am and to sleep at 1:30 am
First thing when I get up, and just before bed I work for about an hour.Our supers' time zone is 15 hrs behind us.

I would consider us successful.:)

Thanks for the replies. Currently I'm going to bed around 2am and waking up at 8am. I'm not quite eligible for home loans yet lol but having the discipline to save money, when all my peers spend money on fast food, alcohol, cigars, cars, computers, I'm very much there.

Back