What time do you wake up? How successful are you?

In bed by 11pm and wake up at 6am. Love the mornings!

Retire = currently enjoying life, so not planning to retire anytime soon.

Income = happy where I am.

Success would be:

- Party til 5am every day with models and bottles
- Wake up at 3pm for a brunch, then go collect your $50k in rent for the day.

Did this for a few years fri & sat nights only but only pocket 7-10K each night.
Use to hold private parties at some of the best clubs in Japan.
One day decided needed something new to do and just stopped.

Wake up when the kids decide its time to wake up and get up when the kids decide its time to get up. Go to sleep when tired.

Success for me is having the freedom to spend every day with the kids playing or going to parks and not having to worry about what bills need paying. Am lucky to do this most of the time now but not always.

morning shift - bed 10pm-10.30pm, wake 5.30am
arvo shift or day off -bed 11.30pm-1am, wake 7.30am -9.30am

I exercise after work when i'm on morning shift and before work when on arvo shift.

simple.

I am a very poor sleeper. Get to sleep late and wake up early!

As for success...someone once said to me "you need to work smarter...not harder" and so that I am trying to do.....success? Well.....hopefully one day (soon) I will be able to answer that positively...watch this space!

Owen

Thought I would post this here rather than the coffee lounge since it is a bit about psychology. What time do you wake up and how successful are you (measured in portfolio size $)?
Curious to know how/if one makes the correlation between sleep patterns and portfolio or success level??? Anyhoo....in answer to your questions....

I go to bed and get up at random hours, if I'm on duty (volunteering) it depends on when I get a call out.

My portfolio is substantial enough to impress although none more than it does me in continuing to allow me the luxury of time and freedom of choice since retiring at the age of 39. :)

Curious to know how/if one makes the correlation between sleep patterns and portfolio or success level???
I always find I'm very grumpy if I wake up at 10-11am. Not the sort of mood that will take you far in a day, well what's left in it. So recently I've been forcing myself out of bed around 7.

There is so much time in a day and it feels great to achieve a lot and for it to feel like a long day. No need for the days, weeks, months and years to zip past :) I find everyone I talk to have said the years since 2004-5 have gone in a blink.

I always find I'm very grumpy if I wake up at 10-11am. Not the sort of mood that will take you far in a day, well what's left in it. So recently I've been forcing myself out of bed around 7.

There is so much time in a day and it feels great to achieve a lot and for it to feel like a long day. No need for the days, weeks, months and years to zip past :) I find everyone I talk to have said the years since 2004-5 have gone in a blink.
Agreed, there are proven health benefits for getting an adequate amount of sleep, but aside from benefits such as making you less grumpy, I don't see that it would necessarily maximise your success or the size of your bank roll. In fact, if you look at some of the world's wealthiest people I think you'll find they sleep very little because of working often very long hours. :(

Agreed, there are proven health benefits for getting an adequate amount of sleep, but aside from benefits such as making you less grumpy, I don't see that it would necessarily maximise your success or the size of your bank roll. In fact, if you look at some of the world's wealthiest people I think you'll find they sleep very little because of working often very long hours. :(

Yes, many of them 4-5 hrs a night, and not just for short periods - we're talking long term/life time. However people that can function long term on that amount of sleep are definitely in the minority.

Yes, many of them 4-5 hrs a night, and not just for short periods - we're talking long term/life time. However people that can function long term on that amount of sleep are definitely in the minority.
Minority is correct, and I think their crazy work-life balance adds to this.

Saturday is my sleep in day each week and the only day I don't do my usual routine of gym etc. I seem to wake hazy with what feels like a hangover and a headache I pretty much can't shake until lunch time (note: not hungover and around same to bit more sleep than other days).

Sucks big time!

Saturday is my sleep in day each week and the only day I don't do my usual routine of gym etc. I seem to wake hazy with what feels like a hangover and a headache I pretty much can't shake until lunch time (note: not hungover and around same to bit more sleep than other days).

Sucks big time!

I used to feel like that every Saturday too, until I realized it was a caffeine headache. I had slept in on Saturdays, and didn't keep up with the routine of my scheduled coffee breaks.
Until I realised this, I dreaded saturdays, because I knew I would always feel miserable.

Maybe something similar is happening to you cause you doing something different?

I used to feel like that every Saturday too, until I realized it was a caffeine headache. I had slept in on Saturdays, and didn't keep up with the routine of my scheduled coffee breaks.
Until I realised this, I dreaded saturdays, because I knew I would always feel miserable.

Maybe something similar is happening to you cause you doing something different?

Good point Kathryn. I don't drink coffee so never really considered it, but my pre-workout supp has caffeine (as well as other stimulants), which I don't take on Saturday's. I may also have become more sensitive to it as well since I rarely drink PepsiMax anymore. If it is the caffeine, then there's not really much I can do about it as I need to cycle those supps with a break each week.

Thanks for helping me pinpoint the possible cause! :)

Good point Kathryn. I don't drink coffee so never really considered it, but my pre-workout supp has caffeine (as well as other stimulants), which I don't take on Saturday's. I may also have become more sensitive to it as well since I rarely drink PepsiMax anymore. If it is the caffeine, then there's not really much I can do about it as I need to cycle those supps with a break each week.

Thanks for helping me pinpoint the possible cause! :)

Not sure if it is possible for you, but when I know I am not going to be drinking a lot of coffee on a particular day, I wean myself from it over a 2-3 days.
Would you be able to decrease the supplements a bit at the end of the week, and increae them at the start of the week?

Not sure if it is possible for you, but when I know I am not going to be drinking a lot of coffee on a particular day, I wean myself from it over a 2-3 days.
Would you be able to decrease the supplements a bit at the end of the week, and increae them at the start of the week?

Nope. ;) but I'll figure something out, may just need to add in some cardio on Sat mornings to jump start my body and head.

Back