What time do you wake up? How successful are you?

Always been the type to rise with the Sun.
Summer time typically means 5-5:30am start and then exercise. (Swim, Gym/Yoga. Used to run alot, but it gave me sore joints!)
Winter is 5:30-6pm. Sometimes a tad later. Exercise.
I love mornings, I really do.
I meditate every day. 15-20 minutes and longer 1hr sessions on weekends.

Amount of sleep? 7.5-8 hours is my "sweet-spot". If I get less than this I tend to wake up at the same early time and am a little hyperactive until I burnout and have a siesta. Really need that sleep to think clearly. Thinking clearly is like oxygen for me.

Don't ask me to stay up past 10:30pm. My brain disengages, I shut you out and head for the nearest exit.

Very mental and physical health "aware" with a focus on quality of life and extreme longevity. Long and fulfilling story for another time.

2 kids with another on the way. Puts a big squeeze on time management but is so goddamn rewarding I am smiling as I type it.

I regard myself as successful. Work in a great company that treats me very well, is very rewarding, I am great at it and am paid very well.
Well on my way to my "make work optional" goal. 10 years will see it well and truly nailed. Reckon I can do better. What will I do when I get there? You'll see ;)

2<4 am every day , How successfull ? more than most , but les than some , love my wife ,enjoy my life and adore my daughter , so i would say very succesfull!

Owl or Fowl

Interesting concept to explore a correlation between early waking time and financial success.

Someone once said to me that her science teacher explained people fall into one of two groups

Owl - most effective at night

or

Fowl - early risers

Seems we each have wiring for when we are most effective. And the key may be to have insight into the timing - not so much falling into a particular category.

As an aside, I once quized people about whether they were night/morning people then asked if they were born at night or morning.
There was no clear correlation there either.

:)

Since i've started a 6 day a week gym routine

bed at 1 or 2 am
up at about 7am

feel fine strangely as I used to sleep alot more.

Have been taking Gingko Biloba for the past year which has helped me stay focussed and productive until late into the night.

I am normally up at 5:30am for some exercise 6 days a week. Swim, Bike or Run.

I don't think the time of day you wake up is a necessary precursor to success. It is what you do in those waking hours which will determine your success whatever that 'success' may be.

In saying that, I have deliberately lived by the motto:
"Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise"

ive been waking up earlier lately and my success (in terms of wealth) has been improving... although I think both are actually due to having a kid recently, who wakes me up at the crack of dawn and motivates me to make sure he is well provided for.

Id like to see the correlation between having kids and success :)

ive been waking up earlier lately and my success (in terms of wealth) has been improving... although I think both are actually due to having a kid recently, who wakes me up at the crack of dawn and motivates me to make sure he is well provided for.

Id like to see the correlation between having kids and success :)

That's what did it for me.... the kids gave the motivation.
Gee, just see the times I reply to these threads.
Although my new goal is to go to sleep before midnight and wake around 9:00am?
For now, I usually go past 2am and get up around 10am or when a phone call wakes me up.
In terms of wealth, well I'm comfortable, but still trying to grow it and to preserve it.

For now, I usually go past 2am and get up around 10am or when a phone call wakes me up.
That sounds like the uni days! Back then I never thought I could get up early enough for work :)

Getting up 10am is a dream now! What do you do for living if you don't mind asking?

That sounds like the uni days! Back then I never thought I could get up early enough for work :)

Getting up 10am is a dream now! What do you do for living if you don't mind asking?

Self-employed and I manily work at home!
Last employee job was in, let me think...., I think 1998 or so....
Yes, you remind me thosssssse UNI days, they were actually one of the best years of my life!:)

Up most mornings at around 4:30am, whether I am working or not. Even with a late night, my body clock gets me up! On weekends, both the missus and I sleep in to about 6. I don't mind it this way, I find I am very productive of a morning! Once we move into the city (1 week!) I am hoping to live a healthier lifestyle - no need to wake up so early but the time that used to be dedicated to travelling to work will now hopefully be dedicated to exercise and reading :)

Are we successful? Definitely not. Will we ever be? With a lot of hard work, focus, patience and persistence - plus some luck. Yes :)

Update;

now that Daylight Saving has ended, the wake up time is anywhere between 4 and 5. :eek:

Anyone else the same? sheesh

Up most mornings at around 4:30am, whether I am working or not. Even with a late night, my body clock gets me up! On weekends, both the missus and I sleep in to about 6. I don't mind it this way, I find I am very productive of a morning! Once we move into the city (1 week!) I am hoping to live a healthier lifestyle - no need to wake up so early but the time that used to be dedicated to travelling to work will now hopefully be dedicated to exercise and reading :)

Are we successful? Definitely not. Will we ever be? With a lot of hard work, focus, patience and persistence - plus some luck. Yes :)

Don't kid yourself.

Judging by the content of your post; you are a bloody success!

Most of the world are sleepin' in, never exercise, never read, aren't here learning to get rich through property, and so on.

Good on ya, mate!

I've been working from home for a couple of years now, and because I work for a European company, I tend to start work late and then work at nighttime.

I've been shocked into the reality of early mornings during our renovations.
The builders are here before 7am... :eek::eek::eek: Even on Saturday mornings...............

They've been working in our bedroom/ ensuite over the past few weeks.
So, I've moved the bed out of the bedroom, so that they can arrive, let themselves in and let me get up slowly.

We've used these builders for a number of renos... and we use them because they are diligent and also because they are happy to work around the family. It doesnt feel like they are "intruding" or difficult to have around the house.

But we're definitely looking forward to the end of the renos!!

5am latest, 7 days.

And I go to bed when I need to (which varies dramatically).

I have an alarm app on my phone that wakes me up when I'm in a light stage of sleep so it starts "keeping an eye out" at 4am and once I'm out of REM, off goes the alarm whether that's 4:01am, 5:00am or somewhere in between.

My sleep patterns are all over the place.

Some nights go to bed 2330 hours up at 0700 hours.
Some nights go to bed 2130 hours up at 0700 hours
Other nights go to bed 2100 hours up at 0445 hours.
Last night sleep 0030 hours to 0430 hours and now play catch up for a few hours during the day. Will do the same tonight/tomorrow.

Similar, mostly I go late to bed and wake up around 10am or 11am but I can stay up till 3am, I know bad habit say for the last 4 years.
I plan a new years resolution though to go before midnight and wake up at 9 to get my 9 hours sleep, somehow it doesn't happen.
Basically, I must be comfortable, if I wasn't I would make that my priority.
I have days I get up 8am, when bookkeeper comes in or when I do canteen duty.
Like Rixter if I had only 5 hours sleep or less, I may occasionally catch up during the day, then later at night I may become more productive.
I decided to make the midnight the deadline after this thread, so thank you!:D

Back