What to do before Valuation?

Our home will be valuated for equity by the bank with a full inspection. I'm interested to know what things I can do to improve the visit?

• Should I have photos of the home printed before we bought it and before renovations to give to the valuator?

• Will they inspect inside cupboards etc so they should also be cleaned?

• Do they inspect if things are working ok like taps, electricity, toilet, water etc?

• Should we show receipts for work or improvements?

The guy didnt inspect inside my cupboards when he came

He didnt check to see if anything was working like taps etc.

# 1 and # 4 I'm not sure

Type in valution into the advanced search screen. There have been a few recent threads. Maybe something you read might help you

good luck for tomorrow :)

• Should I have photos of the home printed before we bought it and before renovations to give to the valuator?

I would not show before photos.

• Will they inspect inside cupboards etc so they should also be cleaned?

I would be surprised if they do.

• Do they inspect if things are working ok like taps, electricity, toilet, water etc?

They will most likely ask questions rather than try and test items.

• Should we show receipts for work or improvements?

I would not show them.

We had a valuer come about 3 months ago.

Only spent about 20 mins total at the house.
    Basically did a quick walk through of all rooms and outdoors areas.
    Asked questions as he went as though he was working off a tick sheet e.g. Do you have flyscreens/ security screens/ aircons/ insulation?

Didn't open any doors or cupboards except to gain access to a room.

I would have a spring clean to remove any clutter from sight, and would have the lawns mowed. Valuation will be mainly viewed as how much your house is worth in its current state compared with similar houses in your local area taking into account recent sales history from most likely Rpdata.

Good luck with the inspection. Fourex.

Rachels, the valuation is for the property as it is now, so previous photos won't be of any use.

Simply ensure the house is as neat and clean as you can make it, the yard tidy etc. In other words, all you can do is to have it looking its best.
Marg

Back