What to do in final inspection?????

hi,

We are having the final inspection next week.
Any hints/traps that we should be aware of??

We been told about checking power point using a hair drier, check hot water, and all the lights/switch. Is there anything else that we should pay more attention on?

First time settling, so please throw all you got at me.

thanks
BTC

Make sure the dishwasher is still there! Seen one disappear before.

Unless the dishwasher is specified in the contract as an inclusion, the vendor is perfectly entitled to take it.

We removed a dryer from a unit we sold after the RE agent neglected to include it in the contract.
Marg

No the dishwasher was in the contract. The vendor didn't like the final selling price so thought it was only fair to take the diswasher, some curtains and light fittings to make up for it :eek:

haha. That happened to me too.

Vendor said it shouldn't have been on the contract but it was. tough luck.

Anyway they put it back (well nearly) it was a turn knob one (old) instead of a press button new one. They argued that it WAS the one. But I had photos on their flyer of the kitchen.

Day of settlement I had to go around there to make sure it was there. They left it on the verandah.:eek:

We been told about checking power point using a hair drier, check hot water, and all the lights/switch. Is there anything else that we should pay more attention on?

Question: Unless you specifically checked all these things BEFORE you signed a contract to purchase the house then what's the point of checking them in the final inspection?

Scenario: You check all power points in the final inspection which you hadn't checked prior and there are a couple that don't work...what are your options? Surely you aren't able to cancel the contract and surely you can't expect the vendor to stump up the cash to fix something that you didn't check before signing on the line.

I personally don't see any reason to check anything beyond what you saw during inspections and is in the contract, because any small faults you find beyond that aren't likely to be legitimate reasons for anything further to happen.

Thanks for the inputs guys.

Apart from making sure the dish washer is intact, hot water system, stove, oven. Anything else that i should be aware of?

The Y-Man, what do i check for plumbing?

Scenario: You check all power points in the final inspection which you hadn't checked prior and there are a couple that don't work...what are your options? Surely you aren't able to cancel the contract and surely you can't expect the vendor to stump up the cash to fix something that you didn't check before signing on the line.

I personally don't see any reason to check anything beyond what you saw during inspections and is in the contract, because any small faults you find beyond that aren't likely to be legitimate reasons for anything further to happen.

Hobo, well we had this clause in our contract that all electrical must be in working order, so i assume if we find any faulty ones, we can request the owner to fix it before settlement, otherwise we can hold settlement, not to say cancel the deal. Am i right?

Back