What to do with $1mil?

Each individual investor has their own metrics by which they value the asset.So there is no right or wrong answer.

For me when valuing shares. It is a combination of historical earnings, cash flow, dividend growth, ROE and payout ratios + future prospects of the business (this bit is subjective).

I also like to see behaviour of management in terms of outstanding share dilution, debt/equity and liquidity ratios.

If you can provide me the above info for Pluton Resources, I might be able to value Pluton, otherwise for me Pluton as an investment is a pass.

Cheers,
Oracle.

Then it'll have to be one you'll pass I guess.

No historical earnings. Cashflow is just capex. Dividend? Hasn't even built the mine yet. No ROE or payout ratio obviously.

Future prospect --> well if they build mine and can have infrastructure solutions, that's the end game, provided iron ore price hasn't crashed. How long to develop? Well PFS estimates I think some $200m which could potentially be sourced from parties they've spoken to provided offtake is granted. Some beneficiating might be needed hence the $200m but that should yield 65-67% Fe fines. It's on an island next to Mt Gibson's mine, so simply need to ship it across to port on mainland, so doable.

Management own around 5-6% of company. Ex BHP executive, whose father was Chairman of ASX or something like that. Debt ratios not that high because they haven't embarked on development yet. Liquidity is obviously not that high, but I think 1% turns over a day.

Lots of uncertainty. Obviously a start up. But that's my point. This thing could be - probably won't be though - the next big thing. But if you don't enter at entry level then upside is more limited.

Agree with Oracle - the world has seen greater threats than a financial meltdown. It's just money isn't it? Let me know when Germany rises again for a third attempt at world domination.

Back