What to look for when purchasing a land?

zoning zoning zoning !!!!!!

floor space ratio, height limit, set backs, site coverage, take note of the builing lines either side of the land, drainage, sewer ties, objection-happy neighbours, the attitude of the Council (are they pro or anti development)

argh !!!......... :)

floor space ratio, height limit, set backs, site coverage, take note of the builing lines either side of the land, drainage, sewer ties, objection-happy neighbours, the attitude of the Council (are they pro or anti development)

Building lines? height limit...does that include pitch on roof?

Hey, guys...can I ask where you can find out all this info - council?

Building lines? height limit...does that include pitch on roof?

No, pitch is different to "height limit" you could easily reach some predetermined height limit with a flat roof.

I have only dealt with a roof pitch requirement on one set of planning controls, generally it isnt prescribed so that a multitude of good design options can be put forward.

Hey, guys...can I ask where you can find out all this info - council?

Yes, the numerics are all usually Council requirements. They will be inside the Council planning control docs. You can generally look them up on line.

The neighbour thing....you are at their mercy sadly.

G'day everyone...
Tempura - snap! About eight hours before your message I posted this thread in a different part of the forum.

It's a check-list for assessing vacant land, and there are already some ideas above here in this thread for my next version. Any other comments much appreciated.

Regards,
Luke

G'day everyone...
Tempura - snap! About eight hours before your message I posted this thread in a different part of the forum.

It's a check-list for assessing vacant land, and there are already some ideas above here in this thread for my next version. Any other comments much appreciated.

Regards,
Luke

Thanks Luke ...

I wouldn't be able to provide you any feedback on this form as I'm completely new on this stuff ... but i was wondering where about did you put the easement (if any) on the land?

Thanks Luke ...

I wouldn't be able to provide you any feedback on this form as I'm completely new on this stuff ... but i was wondering where about did you put the easement (if any) on the land?

On v1.1 of the form... :) along with some of the other ideas above.

Of course that info should clearly be on the s.32 as well. (Not sure if s.32's are standard across all states, but the title documents will mark it on there.)

Back