What type of Facade do you like?

Both nice beacause they still have the texture (wood & stone) but not over the top where they would date quickly.

At this stage planning on keeping both. But who knows.
Number 2 is my favourite because of the texture - the brick, faux sandstone cladding, timber, glass.. Not a fan of the render though. I'd do brick veneer for the upper level to be the same as the lower.

Mid Century Modern for the win.

contemporary-exterior.jpg

bungalow-interior-swimming-pool-2-storey-home-decorating-Castlecrag-residence-exterior-architecture-modern-design-ideas-mid-century.jpg

I like #2 as well.
Neighbor took out the pillar between his double garage lol. He has never been a good driver though. Never found out how much it cost, it got covered under his insurance - probably accidental damage cover.

No 2 would be the one for me, fairly timeless

No 1 is quirky might be fashionable now but in 5 years will be out of date.

No 3 has a flat roof which is a no no (see http://www.anewhouse.com.au/2012/09/want-a-flat-roof/)

The only reason why a flat roof is a no no is that they aren't designed or installed correctly. A properly designed roof takes into account terrain catehory, 25/50/100 year maximum rain fall intensity, Pitch is dependant upon the sheeting profile, design of box gutters, spouts, overflows, sumps and down pipes. If you don't have the basics right flat roofs don't work.

Brady, do you want to be pillaried?

Back